Chapter 4

"Happy birthday baby girl" goosebumps covered my body as I cringed at the nickname. I hated that word. Stretching my arms and turning around on the bed I hit his chest and felt arms wrap around me. His kisses were gently over the exposed skin "thank you" I said. He looked up and smiled then grabbed a piece of my hair and started twirling it around his fingers "there's no classes today so you can spend it lying in bed" I forced a smile out "I can't wait" I knew what his words meant, I wasn't allowed to leave the apartment. He positioned me on my back then got on top of me. His legs on either side of mine as his hands were beside my head, trapping me. Leaning down he kissed me. There was nothing passionate about it, more desperation if I were to guess. He pushed for entrance with his tongue which made me open my mouth allowing him. His hands fumbled on the buttons on my night shirt. Underneath was bare apart from the pink underwear I wore. I wasn't in the mood for sex, especially first thing in the morning. But it didn't matter what I wanted as long Edmund was satisfied. Laying there I waited for him to finish. Sex with Edmund was uncomfortable, he would never ask if I wanted it. I'd play along to keep him happy even if I didn't want to.

It didn't last long, it never lasted long. By nine thirty I was already out of bed showered and dressed. He made breakfast while I was in the shower and had us sit down at the table. We ate in silence. You had to wait until Edmund had his morning coffee before talking to him, if not he would be snappy or ignored you. The food tasted good despite the lack of cooking skills he had. Eating everything on the plate I sat back on the chair "that was good" I said aloud "glad to hear it" he was smirking "just wait until later" I furrowed my brows. Why did I not like the sound of that "unfortunately I have work until five in the evening but once I get home everything will go as planned" a shiver went down my spine " I've bought a few things for you to wear tonight so be ready for when I get back" I nod but he wasn't pleased with the action "yes of course" I gave him a weak smile "good girl" scratching the back of my hand I watched as he stood and cleared the table, kissing my forehead as he walked past. There was still another hour until he had to leave for work. He was in the shower as I waited in the living room but decided to go to my bedroom and catch up on my reading while he left. I wish he would hurry up though.

"Don't miss me to much" he said and leaned in for a proper kiss "I'll try" I told him playing along with the joke. His smile was genuine which he hadn't showed in weeks "have fun" I told him on his way out of the door. Sighing as I laid back on the sofa using the full space. No one else will be here so the house would be empty all day. Thinking hard I decided to ignore Edmund and visit my sister. I don't know what it is about Edmund. No matter how wrong everything feels there's always that nagging reminding me that my love for him is far too strong to forget. It surprised me though when he agreed to let me stay with dad over Christmas by myself. The excuse was so bad but he somehow fell for it.

After he left I began to get ready making sure I had everything I needed in my bag and swung it over my shoulder. Hoping that Fluer was still home I left and transported myself to the newly built house. At two floors high the red brick stood strongly. Knocking I waited for someone to answer. Luckily they were still home and Severus answered the door "we weren't expecting you today" he said as he let me passed "I thought I would surprise her" I answered "she's just upstairs getting dressed. Would you like some tea while you wait?" he asked leading me to the living room "that would be lovely, thank you Severus" I sat down taking my coat of "oh and happy birthday" I smiled and watch him go to the kitchen. Looking around the room picture frames littered the walls as well as certificates. A large bookcase was at the side filled with old texts and new releases. Severus appeared minutes later with a tray in his hands. Placing it on the small table he poured the hot contents into the mug and placed it on a coaster "thanks" I said and grabbed the mug letting the heat warm up my hands. Taking a sip a cough left my mouth when I put the mug back on the table. The coughs started yesterday so I think I may be coming down with a cold. It wouldn't be too surprising in this winter weather.