My mind loads at what he said. Two Alphas, huh. Our pack doesn't go into the traditional Alpha and Luna role. If the Alpha has a same-sex mate, he or she will be called an Alpha. I never thought that we'd have that setup in this pack, and it's quite exciting for me to know that.

"Thank you, Shao. I really appreciate that."

"You're most welcome, Leon. Warriors!"

Shao and the pack warriors start transforming into their werewolf form, then they go straight onto the vines and start ripping it. I watch them as they do it, and I pray to the Good Goddess to keep my mate safe. We're in the woods, and there are vicious monsters who want us dead. This journey is going to take all our strengths as we venture to the unknown to find my mate. Now that I've seen what my mate can do, I know he still has a few tricks up his sleeves to make sure we wouldn't be able to find him. But with the string connecting us, which I hope he doesn't take notice because I'm afraid he might be able to cut that, it would bring me back to him, and him back to me.

The moon is about to greet us as the sky is painted with an orange hue spreading across the horizon. Shao and the pack warriors are about to remove the vines, and the trees who have gotten closer to each other, would be quite a challenge. We would need to travel by our human form as the way has become too narrow.

I don't even know how Ethan did this.

A werewolf with some kind of godly magic.

Once the vines have been removed out of the way, Shao and the pack warriors transform back to their human form. Then we start walking towards the direction where the string is bringing us. I still feel weak, and I still feel Ethan's presence. Ethan's near; he's so close yet I can't even reach him. I can feel how weak he's getting as time goes by, but he refuses to take a rest. I fist my hand and clench my jaw, scared that something bad might happen to my mate.

"Keep your eyes open," I tell my pack warriors. "We're in the woods, and the moon is about to show, which means the werewolves are going to be at their strongest. I hope dad notified the near packs at the vicinity about our rendezvous. Otherwise, we're going to be in a big trouble for wondering into other packs' territory."

"Leon, the next pack is going to be another five miles away from here," Shao tells me as he nods his head to the north. "If you want, I can send in Devin there and notify the next pack that we might pass through their territory and let them know that we're on a quest."

"No, one who wonders alone in the woods at night is a death sentence." I respond, shaking my head. "At this point, we need to be together at all times. I can deal with them once we pass through. I can just tell them to contact the Alpha and let them know we don't mean harm. What's that pack in the north, anyway?"

"Comet Pack, Leon."

"Ah, okay, good thing we're in an alliance with them." I let out a sigh in relief. "Explaining things to them should be easy. Let's hope we don't venture into a pack that's not allied with us. Leon, I trust you on this. I actually refused to take geographic lesson with my dad about other packs' location. Do you know them?"

"Yes, 15 miles east is Blue Blood Pack, and 25 miles west is the Crimson Pack." Shao informs me as he thinks of the packs nearby. "About 40 or 50 miles north is the Eclipse Pack. We're not allied with them. Let's hope Alpha Ethan doesn't venture there."

"Ethan and I are not yet mated, yet you're already calling him an Alpha."

"Let's just say I have a strong faith that you will be mated to him, right, warriors?"