Chapter Twelve

TW: Fighting, vague mentions of blood

My excitement got the best of me, causing me to squeal at the sight in front of me. Thankfully, Emily is an incredibly deep sleeper, and apparently, so was Calum, considering neither of them had woken up. Emily seems to constantly take pictures of me and Harry together, so I might as well do the same for her and Calum, at least once. I practically sprinted to my room to grab my phone. That's enough cardio for the week. 

I muffled the sound of the shutter noise, although I doubt it would've woken Emily or Calum up. The picture showed Emily in an oversized hoodie, as usual, with her arms crossed over her chest, slightly covering her face - Calum lied behind her, also wearing a hoodie, with both of his arms tightly wrapped around her body as his face was somewhat buried into Emily's shoulder. 

I debated on whether or not I should wake Emily up. Considering it was a Thursday, and we both had work, I knew it'd be more rational to wake her up so she could get ready. However, the irrational side of me could see how comfortable she looked, and I didn't want to disturb that.

Thankfully, Calum started stirring in his sleep, which caused Emily to wake up on her own. It took her a minute to actually open her eyes, but when she finally did, she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw me standing at the foot of her bed, still taking pictures, and probably looking like a psychopath. 

She quickly glanced over to Calum, who still slept beside her. "What are you doing?" Emily groggily asked me. Her morning voice always sounded like she'd been smoking 13 cigarettes everyday for the past 23 years, if you could imagine that. "Well," I began in an overly enthusiastic voice, mainly to slightly aggravate her, since that was basically our entire dynamic. 

"I came in here to see if you were awake yet, which, clearly, you weren't. Then I saw how you two were looking like some kind of Pinterest couple, and, since you always take pictures of me and Harry, I went to grab my phone and take a couple pictures of you guys." Emily just nodded as she continued to rub the tiredness out of her eyes. 

"Can I get ready in your bathroom today?" Emily asked. She continued to provide a reason as she saw the confused expression I had on my face. "I don't even have to play music today if you don't want me to. I just don't wanna be rude and wake him up." I nodded my head in response, which led her to wiggle her way out of Calum's grip. 

~ ~ ~

The morning went by quickly, as did the afternoon, and before I could blink, I was already leaving the diner to go back home. Calum woke up and left before us this morning, but him and Emily have been texting here and there. Harry, as usual, stopped by the diner today, but not for long - he'd already made lunch plans with a few of his friends. Jace and Sadie have been so occupied by each other's general presence, that they barely seemed to acknowledge mine or Emily's existence today.

Since Jace always drives me home at the end of the day, I was currently in his car, carrying casual conversation. My next choice of discussion, was none other than Sadie. "So, how are things with you and Sadie?" I asked. Jace broke his gaze with the road ahead to glance over at me with his brows furrowed. "What do you mean?" He asked with a laugh, but almost nervously. 

"Jace," I began. "Don't even try to lie right now. You obviously have a crush on Sadie. Pretty much everyone sees it."

"'Obviously,' huh?"

"Yes, 'obviously.' Anyone who's ever seen you and Sadie interact with each other, can see it. It's really not hard to point out. You should ask her out. Or maybe you already have," I said as I wiggled my brows at him. Jace raised his brows and glanced at me as a chuckle escaped past his lips. He looked back at the road and shook his head, still slightly laughing.