Chapter Seven

I couldn't stop my voice from shaking as I asked Harry why he'd been ignoring me for an entire week since the kiss. I was upset, of course - but I was more confused than anything. I didn't want to appear weak, but, admittedly, I was scared he'd just laugh in my face. And, as it turns out, I had every right to be fearful of that. 

"Maddi," he laughed in a condescending manner. "It was just a dare. Moreover, it was apart of a children's game. Sorry if you ever had the idea of being more than friends." His "apology" was so sarcastic, it would've been laughable if it was in a different situation. I was too dumbfounded to respond, or even move. 

He was about to open his mouth to speak again, or, further twist the knife - but, thankfully, he was interrupted. 

The sound of Emily screaming right beside my ear, just happened to prevent his voice from infiltrating my dream once more. In my dream, it'd been a week since the kiss. But, in reality, the kiss only occurred last night. The exact second that Emily heard the word "kiss" fall from my mouth, she began practically interrogating me on every detail, in typical Emily fashion.

That being said, we were awake until around 4:15 AM. Thankfully, today was Saturday, which meant it was acceptable for me to sleep until 1:00 PM. "What," I unintentionally snapped at Emily, although, she did deserve it for waking me up in such an abrupt fashion. 

"Well," she purposely yelled just to further provoke me. "Your little friend, what was his name? Harvey? Hubert?" Her sarcasm was evident, especially considering she'd made me talk about him for hours last night. I motioned my hand to push her to continue. 

"He seemed to think it'd be a cute little Pinterest-y idea to write you a note and hand deliver it. Unfortunately for him, you're slothful beyond belief."

I paused before replying, "did you just call me a sloth?" She grinned as she rolled her eyes and hit my mattress. "Not the point," she continued to hit my mattress between each word for added emphasis. 

"The point, you armadillo, is that Harry wrote you a note."

"Why am I an armadillo?" She rolled my eyes at my inability to stay on one topic. "Jesus Christ. It's because they sleep for like, 18 or 19 hours a day or something. Anyway, if you don't read the note, then I'm throwing it off the balcony." 

Knowing Emily, she was fully aware that, that's what I'd need to hear to get up, because it worked. I briskly hopped out of bed to locate the note. "Maddi," she called out to me. I turned around to face her, only to end up finding that she'd had the note in her back pocket the entire time, and there was no real purpose of me getting up.

I rolled my eyes and took the note that she had grasped between her index and middle fingers. "Ew it's warm," I remarked. "Which is exactly why you should never keep a condom in your back pocket," she replied without missing a beat. She laughed as she noticed the face I pulled. 

With that, she turned on her heels to walk out to the balcony, where she's pretty much stayed the entire time she's been here. I sat down on the couch and began reading the note. 

"Dear Madison,

Firstly, is Madison too formal? I feel like it is. Although, that was kinda what I was aiming for anyway. I'm getting off topic. I was gonna just write 'meet me down by the pier at 3:00 PM,' but I've already written too much for that, so I might as well just continue. 

If you don't want to hear me gush about how I think I may have started developing a crush on you - or, already have a crush on you, then it wouldn't be a good idea to meet me at the pier. It'd probably be smarter to just disregard this note and pretend I don't exist anymore.