Explanations Part 1

Robert opened the door, still holding onto Olivia's hand, though it was not an easy task because the little girl was bouncing on the ball of her feet.

"Who is it daddy?" She asked excitedly as the door opened.

While Robert was not surprised to be facing all his coworkers, the little girl's smile dropped a little. Of course, she remembered those people from the day before, but she was expecting someone else.

"You're not 'Buelo." The little girl blurted out, dropping her dad's hand and making her way back to their previous guest, not listening as her father was telling her to at least greet theirs guests properly.

"I'm sorry about her." Robert smiled apologetically at the people standing awkwardly on the front porch. "Hmm...Please come in." He said after clearing his throat, opening the door wider and moving to the side to let everyone in.

They all greeted him weirdly as they got into the house. Once they were all inside, Robert closed the door and, when he turned around, he was quite surprised to see his colleagues frozen to the spot. He frowned a little, trying to process the scene. It looked like time had stopped a little. Andy was still in the kitchen staring at her friends staring at the person holding his daughter in their arms. He felt the corner of his lips lift a little when his eyes fell upon the lost look on the little girl's face. It looked like she was trying to understand what was happening too, remaining silent as she processed the situation.

"Chief!" Maya exclaimed.

"Wha...What are you doing here?" Vic stuttered.

"Morning 19. Looks like we have common friends."

"It mostly looks like you knew more than we did." Ben deadpanned.

"You knew? About..." Travis said, finishing his sentence with his hands motioning to Robert, Andy and Olivia.

"I did. I'm the chief, I recruited your new captain...That and I'm her godfather actually."

"Say what now?" Vic said.

"Hmm...It's a long story Vic. I promise we're going to reveal a few secrets today, but why don't we all settle down first?" A very nervous Andy said, trying to diffuse the tension.

They all turned to look at her, finally acknowledging her presence.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Dean said. "Where shall we put these?" He asked, holding up his sweater.

"I'll just take those, thanks." Robert said as he gathered everyone's belonging and placed them on the stools by the kitchen counter.

Though a heavy and awkward atmosphere was filling the room, they all took a sit around the table while Andy brought the fresh smoothies and juices.

"Why no one is talking Uncle Luke?" Olivia asked, tuning to the person sitting next to her. "It's very quiet and there's a lot of adults here. Adults are always loud, you talked before they got here. Are they your friends too?"

"Olivia, that's enough questions." Robert scolded her gently.

"It's ok Sully." Lucas smiled at his friend. "I'm not really their friends yet." He said turning to face the little girl. "I'm their boss. So, I know their names and who they are, but I never got to become their friend."

"So, you're not going to talk to them? Are you worried like me?" Olivia asked innocently.

"Oh no, I'm going to talk to them. And maybe by the end of brunch we'll start to be friends." He smiled at the little girl's serious face. Her lips were tightly closed, and she looked so serious as she listened to her Uncle. "Now, I might need your help."