Prologue

Avengers x Reader

Let's start from the beginning, shall we...

You were an orphan, cast out to the street at the age of 18 with nowhere to go. No one would take you in, not after they discovered your powers. You don't know where they came from, all you know is you were left outside a run-down orphanage for girls with a note asking that they took you in. Your powers were the only thing that kept you alive in your homeless years.

So, the powers. Basically, your natural form is icy blue skin, piercing red eyes and flowing obsidian hair. When in your natural form you have certain...abilities. In your left hand you produce a roaring flame which you can control freely and in your right, you produce water that will ice over at your command. You can shift between your forms at will unless your blood reaches a certain pressure, then you are stuck in your natural form until you calm down. Many times while on the streets you were mugged or attacked, thus bringing out your true form. You were ashamed of it as you were never told how or why you had this ability.

One cold winter day, you were sat in your usual spot. There were wealthy people around those parts, which meant more change. You saw it was getting dark, and decided to hunt for shelter before the foreshadowed rain hit. You picked up your very few possessions, which was a small rucksack, a few clothes and the note that was left at the doorstep with you and headed towards a bus stop at the end of the street.

Before you could reach it you felt a hand pull you towards an alleyway. You tried screaming but it was no use due to the large hand covering your mouth. You felt your anger rising as you tried kicking your way out of the grasp of the attacker.

"Calm it, Princess. Cooperate and I won't have to use this!" He threatened, holding a sharp object to your throat as you carried on struggling. You looked down at your hands, which were now slowly turning blue.

He was still dragging you further into the darkened ally, unaware of the change of hair colour or even SKIN colour that was slowly happening to his abductee.

You flicked your wrist, setting off the flame in your left hand.

"What the-" he managed to spit out before you directed the flame towards him, setting his clothing almost instantly alight. His grip loosened on you and you flipped around, now in your true form.

"AHHAHGAAHAHHAA YOUUU MONSSSTER!" He was running around, flailing his alight body around as you readied your right hand for the icicles he would soon have piercing his alight clothes.

Before you could sentence the attacker to a most unpleasant death, you heard a cluck sound of metal hitting the floor and a whirring sound from your right.

You spun around just in time to see some sort of laser fly towards the man now fully aflame, evidently saving him from a long and drawn out death.

"I could of handled that." You spat, looking in the direction you saw the laser come from. There stood a man in a suit of metal. You recognised him almost immediately from some of the news broadcasts in the homeless shelters.

"What are you doing saving me, Mr Stark?" You quizzed, trying to calm down so you could return to your human state.

"You know, a normal person would say thank you." He replied, a robotic tint to his voice. He raised an eyebrows at your form, almost impressed.

"Do I look normal to you, Mr Stark?" You said, now changing back to human form.

"Call me Tony, sweetie." He said in an almost flirty manner.

"One, don't call me sweetie and two, that doesn't answer my question."

"Oh I was just testing out my new suit when I heard the screams of a less than fair maiden." He said, hinting towards the now smouldering remains of your attacker.

"And then I saw the power of this fair maiden and was intrigued!" He said, averting his eyes back to you.

"I'm flattered, now if you excuse me..." You tried to push past the man of metal but was stopped by a strong iron arm.

"Whoa, you think I'm gonna leave a girl like you out on the street on a night like this?" He said. Holding you in place.

"Watch it, or it won't just be him lying in ashes." You warned, trying to calm yourself in the arms of this strange metal man.

"Love, I only want to help. If you know my name you must know my building, Stark Tower. Come with me, we have enough room." He spoke with sincerity in his eyes.

"Any things better than the streets, 'suppose." You replied, now calm in his grip.

"Great. Oh, and I was lying about the new suit. I've actually had my eye on you for quite a while..."

"Wait what?" You shouted as he picked you up bridal style and flew you to Stark Tower.

So, that's the story of how you ended up living in Stark Tower and, after Tony had introduced you to the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, you became a part of the famous gang of heroes named The Avengers.