I nodded in response.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"What you have been doing everyday over a month now. I'll help. Your magic will be back in no time." she replied.

I sighed and sat down, cross-legged on the floor. Trivia took her seat by the altar, watching me with unblinking eyes.

Believe me its hard to concentrate with a goddess who looks like your demised mother staring like that you. When I did manage to concentrate, the magic started to spark almost instantly. At first, it was like a liquid bubbling inside of me. The bubbles rose to the surface and popped. Every time, a bubble popped, a dull headache grew in my head.

I clenched my fists, and willed the bubbles to pop faster. Soon the liquid was a vapour. The gas molecules buzzed inside me, trying to burst out. It didn't bother me much at first, but after a few minutes, it got painful. All the cells in my body felt like they were going to combust, the muscles were at the edge of rupture. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I was barely aware of Trivia muttering a hymn to ease the pain, though it didn't help much.

My skin heated up to impossible temperature. The magic crackled like electricity in my clenched fists. My figure shook with the strain. The place where the suppression was marked burned like hot lava was flowing over it. Just before I thought I couldn't take it anymore it all burst out of me. The blast was so powerful, people would probably have heard it all over the pack.

I let out a painful scream. When I opened my eyes, all I saw was fire. For a second I panicked. Had I set the whole place on fire? Then I realized, the fire was covering me. I was on fire. But it didn't hurt, just a dull warmth. After what seemed like a century, the flames dissipated.

"Bravo!" I heard Trivia do a round of slow clapping. She walked around me, checking me out like I was a very interesting science experiment.

I was drenched in sweat, my throat was parched. Surprisingly, I didn't feel tired. I felt more powerful than I had ever done.

"Did it work?" I asked Trivia.

"Well, of course it did. You might just be the most powerful witch in a century."

I looked at my palms and imagined flames. They appeared almost immediately. I curled my thumb in an intricate motion, and the fire took the shape of a small bird, which flew around the room twice before crumbling to ash.

I whooped with joy. Even I couldn't believe what had just happened. I felt like a blind person would feel after getting his eyesight. I considered doing a victory dance but that was probably not a great idea in front of a goddess. I turned to thank Trivia, but she was gone. A goddess-worthy exit.

I laughed for real in months. A scary, humorless laugh. I was drunk on my own power.

I was unstoppable.

****

LIONEL

I was in my training house, doing an early round of workout.

That's when my mind link tingled.

Markus wants to talk, Alpha. I heard Michael, my Beta's voice.

What is it? I asked.

I don't know. He will only talk to you. Says its really urgent. He's totally worked up.

Send him to the pack house.

He's waiting in the hall.

I sighed and walked out of the room.