✍️One✍️

✍️ONE✍️
The Royal Family

Excitement washed over Eren the moment he stepped into the palace grounds. After five years of training with his friend, Armin , under the military trainer, Keith Shadis, Eren felt overjoyed that the two of them was able to enter the royal guards.

Along with other newbies, the two stood in line across the royal family. Kenny Ackerman, the king, was with two of his nephews, Princess Mikasa and the Crown Prince Levi.  Two guards are on either side of the three, alertness on the highest level. It might be because of the possibility that one of the newbies might be an assassin sent by the enemy or simply because this is their vowed responsibility. Either way, they are doing a great job.

“Greetings, Your Majesty. ” Keith bowed before the King, the soldiers standing still behind him. “These are the trained soldiers you wanted to see. ”

“I see.” The King smirked and gestured a built blonde man to step forward. “You can now leave Shadis.”

Keith Shadis silently left the grounds as the blonde man stepped forward to spoke to the new soldiers. Instantly, the cadets paid their salute towards the man, putting  a fist by the heart and the other on the back. “At ease soldiers!” The blonde man commanded and instantly, the soldiers complied and stood unmoving on their positions. “I am Erwin Smith, Commander of the Royal Guards! I will be your officer-in-charge and from this day on you will devote your life to protect the royal family!-”

“Damn it, Eyebrows! Don't fucking shout!”

Everybody stared at the Crown Prince. He looked so annoyed, his cold expressionless face quickly turning to rage and in an instant, Erwin Smith's voice turned a little soft but greatly intimidating. The low and hoarse voice wasn't just intimidating. In Eren Jaeger's perspective, it was kind of hot. The commander was his type, however, he shouldn't be thinking about this at the moment and stop spacing out.

“Okay soldiers, that is all for today. You can now proceed to your designated room in the barracks.” Erwin stepped back to his original spot and Eren only stared at Armin beside him as they leave. He spaced out at the ending of whatever the commander is saying.

“Hey, Armin.” Eren whispered to his blonde friend. Armin glared at him and whispered back. “Later.”

The two held their knapsacks on their backs, imitating their fellow soldiers who went ahead of them.

Everybody separated into their own respective room, Eren making sure to exchange room numbers with Armin. When he finally reached his room, it was already open, meaning, his mate is already in. He slowly pushed the door open to reveal a familiar horseface laying on the upper bed of the double deck.

“I can't believe that I have to share a room with an angry kid like you.” Jean scoffed and buried his head into the pillow.

“The feeling is mutual, horseface.” Eren plopped into his own bed below the other, well, because the upper is taken.

He sighed as his thoughts wandered to random things. As a soldier, his top priority is to serve and protect humanity, and the royal family. However, he wants to have a second wing too, meaning, he wants to meet his soulmate, grow his second wing and be able to fly.

It must really feel so good to fly and be free. Yes, he believes that having a second wing truly makes you free. To be able to fly like the birds who roam the world each day, he wants to be able to reach the sea and marvel on it's beautiful scenery.

Ever since Armin talked about the sea, and the other parts of the world, Eren set his goals into achieving them, once he grew his second wing. That is, if he ever meets his soulmate.