ch. 33 / la vie en rose

"I cannot believe you'd be this extra to go to the lengths of having dinner on the Eiffel Tower," I shook my head at Harry, taking a sip from my bubbling champagne.

"Only the best for you my love," he clinked our glasses together and winked," besides, it's the last night. I had to go all out."

"I can't thank you enough for this trip," I smiled and his warmth radiated into my heart as his lips curled watching me.

"And I thank you. You've grown even in just this short amount of time my love, I can already tell..." Harry smiled at me. "It was an amazing trip wasn't it..." he trailed off. "Three days goes by quick. But back to reality when we get back," he sighed, looking almost disappointed down at his plate.

"Hey," I caught his attention," what's the matter?" I asked. He shook his head and forced a smile.

"Nothing love. Don't worry about anything," he grabbed my hand that was rested on the table and placed a delicate kiss on my knuckles. His gaze looked behind me and he immediately leaned back with a cheeky grin.

"One last surprise," he said and raised his eyebrows.

"No more surprises," I sighed," but what is it?" I asked very giddy and he chuckled. Harry gestured toward the trumpet player approaching and a harpist along with a small drum set and a violinist then finally a cellist.  They set their instruments in place. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Harry extending a hand to take. I placed my smaller hand in his and he guided me up.

"This is too much," I whispered to him while he pulled me into his chest and started swaying back and forth. He shushed me and held my head against his body, planting a small kiss on top.

They started playing their instruments and I melted into my man's arms. I've fully given in to us. And it's not just Paris Harry and Madi, it's us, always. I can't wait to get back to real life and be ourselves. Especially my own self. It was learning to trust again. I've given all the trust I have to this man dancing with me now. He has my heart in the palm of his hands. I'm usually scared of the power people have over me like that, but I couldn't trust him more. He's shown me nothing but effortless love and I deserve to at least give him a fraction of what he's given me. But I know he would say I've done more than enough for him. I feel like we are just going to be fighting over who loves each other more at some points.

"When I close my eyes I see La vie en rose," Harry mumbles and I feel his chest vibrate. I hummed at his singing. "What was that?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I just love your voice. And your voice in French...wow," I giggled and he planted a kiss on my lips.

"You in France, wow." He mocked me and I rolled my eyes. "Hey wait come over here," Harry tugged me to the edge while the band continued to play La Vie En Rose. Harry held me tight as we overlooked the city.

"I cannot believe this is real. I love it here so much," I relaxed into Harry's embrace from behind. His chin resting on top of my head as we continued to sway slightly.

"Just wait..." I could sense his cheeky grin without even seeing it. I continued to just sit in the moment but a loud pop made me almost jump out of my skin. Soon the pop then turned into a rocket in the sky and it exploded into beautiful purples and reds.

"You did not plan fireworks," I laughed.

"Oh but I did," he leaned down to peck my cheek. "I love you Madison."

"I love you Harry," I turned around as the music still lovingly rang through our presence and the fireworks exploded around us.

The cheesiest, corniest thing to have ever happened to me. But I'm glad it's with him and no one else.