ch. 4 / and we danced all night

Besides my overwhelming shock and complete awkwardness, brunch actually went really well.

"Okay so what now," I asked breaking our silence at the end of our meal.

"Um, we move you out and closer to us?" Niall said in a question tone.

"And move me in where?" I asked.

"My place." Harry quickly said and I whipped my head to face his way.

"Harry you don't have a pl-" Liam started but Harry cut him off.

"I have a place in Malibu. It'd be easier if she just lived with one of us right?" Harry looked around at the boys. Louis was shaking his head and laughing.

"Okay Harry, whatever you say." Louis said and took a sip of his water.

"Harry it's really okay you don't have to do that," I offered. Though it would be nice to live with one of them. I'd prefer to live with a girl but I don't know if that seems to be an option.

"I insist!"

"I mean, I'd have to talk to my parents. Not sure they'd be cool with that. I also have an apartment that I share with my roommates. I don't know if they'd be cool with that."

"Oh," Harry frowned.

"But I'll get back to you and let you know," I patted his arm and gave him a smile.

"We leave for the tour on February 22nd. So until then, if we have meetings, interviews, stuff like that, part of your job is to come with. Cool with you?" Zayn said.

"It has to be cool with me, right? I work for you now. Is this a test?" I asked making the guys laugh.

"I'm dumb. I just don't want to sound pushy, you know?"

"You're good Zayn."

"Okay Madi, what's your favorite song on the album? Can't believe no one's asked that yet," Liam asked.

"Hm, Well, I like a lot of them. Y'all dropped some bangers for sure. But I think I'm gonna have to go with C'mon C'mon or Nobody Compares."

"So you are a fan?" Liam asked again.

"Not insane. But yeah, I went to your concert last year," I laughed, then decided to tease them a little bit. "I wore a British flag t shirt and light up shoes. Painted Harry's birthday on my face and had a giant sign saying 'Marry Me', remember me?"

They all had blank stares, buying into the joke and then I got too nervous.

"Guys I'm kidding."

"I seriously wouldn't put that past any of our fans so that was a good one," Harry laughed and they all nodded, murmuring stories about things they remember from their crazed fans.

"You know what I think we should do?" I said leaning into the table a little more, catching their attention.

"We should do some sort of like bonding activity. I mean I don't really know y'all and you don't know me. So if you're gonna trust me to be your assistant, I think something away from distractions would be good for us," I proposed the idea, genuinely believing that we probably needed this. After all, I'm going to be working with them directly. If I really want to be the best assistant I can be, I should know what they're all like, truly.

"That's awesome we should definitely do that!" Niall agreed.

"I'd love that," Harry said and the rest of them looked super excited.

"I'll arrange it. How about two weeks before we leave?" Harry looked around.

"Yeah Haz, you got that," Louis rolled his eyes.