ch. 9 / marvin

// a/n hi I'm just curious if anyone is actually enjoying this book? It got more reads than I even thought so I'm just wondering. Also here's a long chapter because it's been a hot minute//

October 14, 2019

"Are you starting to get hungry?" Harry asks.

"Yeah a little, want me to cook something?" He shrugged in response and we headed inside to the kitchen.

I decided to make eggs and toast. Harry sat on the counter next to the stove while I prepared everything.

"Okay so whats next, the first concert of the tour? What a night that was..." Harry bumped me.

"You know I try and erase Marvin out of my memory and you always find a way to make him creep back in," I groaned while getting the eggs out of the fridge.

"Madi to be fair, you should've known. His name was Marvin," Harry teased.

-

February 23, 2013

I had just gotten back from running out to get the boys dinner. When I arrived in their dressing room, they were nowhere to be found. I wandered around like a lost puppy until I found Paul.

"Paul!" He turned my way.

"Do you know where the guys are?"

"Yeah they're in the stadium seats," he directed my gaze onto the stage, pointing past it.

I walked out onto the stage in front of the ginormous empty area, taken aback by the size of the venue.

"Holy shit-" I whispered to myself thinking about how the guys have sold out the entire place on only their second tour.

"Is that food?" Niall yelled, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yes it is," I laughed and found the nearest stairs down from the stage, making my long path over to them.

"Why did you have to choose to sit in the middle back of the entire place? Why not the front row?" I jokingly complained while passing out the food.

"Because we want to see what's it's like from the fans' point of view," Zayn replied.

"Ah I see," I took my seat happily behind Zayn who was seated next to Harry.

"Thank you for dinner," Niall smiled while chewing very loudly next to me.

"That's my job! Anyways are you guys excited? Nervous? How we feeling?" I asked.

"More than excited," Liam responded.

"There isn't a word to describe how I'm feeling," Harry turned around and smirked at me, I gave him a friendly push on his bare skin.

"I'm a little nervous," Niall sheepishly said.

"Why," I turned to him, taking a big bite from my burger.

"Well, I just don't want them to turn off my mic anymore. It really hurts my feelings," he looked down at the burger in his hands, a small tear coming from his eye. He was trying to hide that fact that he was crying. I started rubbing his back a little.

I hate that they did that to him. It really makes him undermine his talent and he deserves more credit than that. He's in the band for a reason and he's a really good artist. Niall deserves more.

"I'll do whatever I can to give you your spotlight," I smiled and grabbed his chin, picking his head up. Niall smiled back, not letting any more tears fall.

The six of us talked a little more until we were interrupted by someone else.

"Excuse me?" We all turned our gaze to the voice.