ch. 8 / the tampon fiasco

October 14, 2019

Madi's POV

"Do you remember the day we left for the tour?" He peers over at me after we had sat in a little bit of peacefulness watching the sun start to peak over the mountains.

"I do," I chuckled.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday, we had already written 'Best Song Ever' and we were so pumped about it," Harry got a little giddy.

"I still have speculations about that song," I glared at him.

"Why's that?"

"Well you say it's just about us going out that night but I know for a fact that it's about me."

"Keep dreaming babe," he rolled his eyes. I giggled. I love that we call each other pet names in a friendly way. Especially when he says "love" it makes me melt, reminds me how close we are.

-

February 22, 2013.

Harry's POV

We were all on the bus, heading off to our first destination in London. I could tell Madi was super excited. She had said countless times she's never been there and her joy showed through like a bright light. It was so cute when her eyes would get wide when she talked about it.

"I'm so excited to be here," she repeated once more.

Her head was resting on a pillow on my lap in the back of the bus and I was stroking her beautiful blond hair with my fingertips. Her energy was ecstatic and she was like a kid in a candy store. It made me chuckle.

"Niall aren't you excited??" She said making me look up in his direction. He shrugged.

"You forget I've been to London," he laughs.

"Oh, right," Madi sulks back down.

"But yeah I'm excited, touring is going to be wayyyy different this time because it's the whole world," Niall encourages Madi's energy back up again after getting her down.

We all talked some more, playing our classic 'Would You Rather' and 'Never Have I Ever', some games we grew quite fond of in the X-Factor house to pass the time. I was having fun enjoying myself and making conversation, but Madi's head pressed against my bladder made me only had to pee more.

"Mads," I tapped on her shoulder and she sat up," thanks."

I made my way over to the bathroom the size of a tictac and peed. When I went to rinse my hands we didn't have any soap or hand sanitizer. I checked under the cabinet and saw a pink box.

'That must be a new box of soap'.

I thought to myself. I was in fact wrong. In my hands was a box of tampons, I dropped it, like it had a disease on it or something. I genuinely don't know why I did that. We have Madi now I have to get used to it. Instead of freaking out I decided to mess around a little.

I took the box on top of the counter and opened it, grabbing this tube wrapped in plastic. After peeling off the wrapper I was now holding an oddly shaped green plastic thing.

'What the hell?'

I thought to myself once again. Then I figured out that you push on the bottom and out comes the cotton. I did this with two tampons, shoving them up my nose and chuckling to myself. Then I walked out of the bathroom.

-

Madi's POV

"I see you found my tampons," I sighed looking at this fool. All of the other boys thought it was one of the funniest things they'd ever seen.