Chapter 4 "Tag your it!"

》Ray's POV《

I sat down under a big tree and read a book as usual. The kids are all outside playing a game called tag. Sometimes they play a game called Hide and seek and some other childish games. Well seeing them run makes me feel tired so i manage the time for the seeker. I kept tract on time. Mama already gave me my package and its so wonderful the camera lense is soo cool than i imagine it to be.

Norman is the best at these games not that he's best at everything he just he's the only one who could find Emma very quickly
and the others too. "Ray~~" Norman cooed "What do you want now weirdo" i said looking at him "Can you pleaseee play with us?" He ask "Nope nope no no no No! i kept tract on time and thats it" i replied. Suddenly a group of younger children run towards me and play these puppy dog eyes "Pleaseeeeeeee" "OK OK FINE!" I yelled and they all ran away.

"Good to have the old ray back". Norman said with a smile "I am only doing this because of the childrens sake" we waited for the children hide well i guess we mix up the tag and hide & seek that's what's unique in this game "3, 2, 1 go" i start the timer and we ran towards the forest at a blink of an eye i manage to catch 32 children all at once. In all we are 33 so now the rest is up to Norman also fun fact all children in each house has 35 so its a good amount of food for the monsters i guess. Maths ughhh love em

A few minutes later as we head back i saw Norman carrying Emma huhh wonder what happened. I went back to my tree and read my book "awhhhh! Its not fair! It's not fair! It's not fair!! he caught me again" Emma is throwing tantrums yet again "He just know your weakness Emma" i replied "hmpf anyways does he know your weakness?" She ask "Yes" Norman replied "Hah! no you don't" i said closing my book
"I know what's your weakness ray" he replied "Tell me then" i said looking at him in the eye "Me" he replied. .

Its true. My weakness is Norman. Whenever he gets too close i flustered like a chick damn it "am i right?" He ask "No you dumbass your stupid you know that, and dont ever forget it" I stand up and head back inside but all of a sudden Emma grab my hand "we have something to tell you before you go" she said brining me to to where norman is. I sat down on my spot and look at them one by one "What?" I ask
"Well you see. ."

[After telling ray the whole secret]

"So your telling me that this place is a farm?" I ask and they both nodded
Hahahah honestly i already know about this dirty secret 11 years ago "A-A farm". I suttered. Oh wow nice acting me , oh why thank you me ahahah i can't believe it im totally fooling them!, great I'm talking to myself just great

"Yeah" Emma said looking down "i'll do what i can to help" i replied Emma and Norman hug me tight "Thank you sooo much" Emma said with a smile.

To be honest I'm glad that I'm just going to escape with them and not with the others.
We all head back to the house and mama announced that we'll be doing the test tomorrow. The monsters are going to harvest again? Alrighty then it ain't my problem.

"Ray dear do you have a moment?" Mama ask and i nod yes. We both went to her room she locked the door and look at me in the eye "what did they told you ray?" She ask "There going to escape the house" i replied "Ah as expected  your dismissed" "Mama. About the test tomorrow" . . "Dont worry about that ray" she said with a smile. She unlock the door and i step out.

I decided to go to the bedrooms since in feeling tired "Mnm?" I saw Norman sitting at the bed looking at me "Hi ray" he said with a smile. I walk to my bed and i lie down. Wait no darling no hun no sweetie no nothing AWESOME! remember kids when someone is being too bitchy just insult them, I'm kidding don't do it "So me and Emma are talking about the escape a while ago and were planing to bring all of the kids" Norman said facing me "What?! Are you out of your minds?! More people means more carrying and more carrying means more death!!" I yelled "Ray this could actually work" Norman said still thinking positively. A while later Emma walk in the room "Hey guys i was just-" i immediately stand up and grab Emma's shirt. "RAY!" Norman shouted as he push me away from her "You'll regret that decision" i said leaving the room. That was a dumb move gore sure yes but still I stand my point.

[The next day]

We all went to the exam room which is just a simple room with a board. We all sat down and the exams start in 3 . 2 . 1.
I manage to answer all of the test. The test has all 2,000 questions in each monitor, amazing right? Me emma and norman can only answer all of it. "Times up" mama said
We all stop and i look at mama's expression. She was holding the papers. "Ray, Emma and norman you three still have the best scores all of them are perfect congratulations" mama said with a smile.

"But haris you have the lowest score we'll study harder next time ok?" Mama ask "yes mama" haris replied. I saw Emma's expression she was in shock. I slap her arm and the children turn on us "Owh ray" "There was a fly" i said looking back at mama. I did that for her, she needs to snap out of it. I know Norman would understand why i did it he might do the same thing i did but mess obvious. After mama told our scores she called haris to her room and we all went out if the test room.

"Thanks ray" Emma said with a smile "Dont sweat it" i said looking away "I'm sorry that we mwdw you upset yesterday" Norman said holding my hand "Apology accepted" i replied they both hugged me on the spot and everyone was watching. oooh boy i got embarrassed. The three of us went to our rooms while the others play in the hallways.

Emma locks the door behind her and we talk about haris "What should we do about him?" Emma ask "There's nothing much we could do." I said sitting at Norman's bed "We just need to accept the fact that he's a goner" i said looking at Emma "Emma whatever you are planing it wont work trust me" i said it sincerely as Emma sighed and sit down on the floor. "I want haris to be the last one" she said smiling.

"I know i can't do anything but at least where going to escape with the others right?" He looked at Norman and me. Norman nodded yes while i stayed silent not moving an inch. I still don't like having them with us. "We should tell don and gilda about this" Norman said sitting next to me "Make sure to make up a story and not the real one ok?" I ask and the both nodded yes.

We cant risk them knowing the truth.. It's too risky.

(chapter 4 change 2022)