Ten

RUE

It's been a nightmare of a week. More for Azula than for myself. She's been with Maddy 24/7 and I don't blame her. I've been keeping myself occupied by actually doing homework and seeing what's up with Jules but she's been ignoring me.

Azula has taught me that if someone doesn't show effort then just leave it. When i do have Azula to myself she's usually not sleeping or having nightmares again. They stopped for some nights but i guess seeing Maddy like that triggered some memories for her.

Scratch that I know it triggered her, every time i try to hug her she hesitates. I look over at the beautiful girl who is writing down whatever answer she got "Azula" she looks at me with curious eyes.

"Rue"

"Are we okay?"

She furrows her eyebrows "yeah why wouldn't we be"

I take a breath "ever since you saw Maddy like that you've been distant" I truthfully say.

Her gaze softens "shit just came back and knowing Nate is capable and I'm just as close to Maddy I'm scared" She let's put a dry laugh shaking her head.

I lean over taking the book off her lap "I'll kill Nate if he ever lays a hand on you" I tell her seriously. She gives me a soft smile leaning down to kiss me.

This week has also been a time of where she opened up more about her past and so did I. I told her about my OCD and now she makes sure she kisses my left and right cheek.

But something that took me by surprised is that she doesn't have anger issues.

She's bipolar.

Not that changes my feelings or anything but the way I found out wasn't really the best way.

FLASHBACK

I quietly eat the food that Azula's dad made. He invited me to stay for dinner and I couldn't say no. One cause my mom made me stay and two I couldn't resist.

"So Rue do you like my cooking? Azula sometimes complains about it"

I quickly swallow my food seeing Azula roll her eyes at the older man "It's honestly really good" I tell him truthfully.

"See I told you Azula...so rue tell me about yourself. Why are you in the meetings as well?"

I stare at the plate not knowing if I should be honest.

"Dad-"

"No azula It's okay. Uh Im a recovering addict. I'll be honest, I've been clean for half a year and it wasn't easy but going to the meeting really helped me"

I see Azula's dads eyes soften "That's such an amazing thing Rue. You should be proud of yourself and I'm sure your parents are too" I smile ignoring the pain knowing my dad isn't here anymore.

I take a sip from my water "Thank you sir I really appreciate it"

"Please Rue call me Rob...So do you know about Azula's evil twin sister"

"Dad stop"

"It's what I call her when she snaps and gets mad. You know since she's bipolar"

My eyes widen as I look over at Azula who looks like she's gonna explode "She didn't know until now" She says calmly.

Rob expression is hard to read "I'm sorry about that... I just thought-"

"It's okay dad no worries"

We eat the rest of our dinner in silence with often talks but nothing too important.