Twenty-seven

RUE

I laugh at the joke Jules made as she shows me her new outfits she bought from the store. Though I haven't heard from Azula directly Billie went to go see her and she's telling me that she's well and coping. She also told me that she loves me very much and that's all I wanted to hear.

She's been a lot more open and why we didn't worth out when we were together. I felt super bad after knowing it was my wrong doing as well. She also apparently called me an idiot for not peeing and how I should pee every hour even though that's not possible for me at least.

She's also been helping me ever since I got this nightmare of Azula overdosing again.

DREAM

"Baby guess what? I got the job!!" I exclaim into our apartment we're renting out. The silence is a sour one as I walk around seeing Azula nowhere.

I try and open the bathroom seeing it's locked which never has happened before. I knock softly "Azula?" I call out getting nothing. I bend down looking through the floor gap seeing her an object clearly on the floor.

"Open the FUCKING DOOR" I ram into the door over and over not caring how much it hurts.

I grab my shoulder as pain starts traveling through my whole arm "don't fucking do this to me Azula you can't" I sob out knocking on the door hard.

DREAM OVER

The dream fucked me up a whole lot as after that night I couldn't get anymore sleep due to the fear of her leaving me.

I say my goodbyes to Jules as she's the only one I have been around every since the incident. I cant bare going near Azula's house without wanting to cry and just scream. This shit hurts so much but I can't let it get to me more than it already has.

I get home putting my bike into the garage and entering my house which is fairly quiet. I set my things down seeing my mom come out with a tear stained face. I go immediately to hug her "what happened mom?" I ask as she breaks down even more.

I hold her as she calms down "Promise me that you'll be calm right now okay?" I nod my head immediately trying to know what I can do.

She takes a deep breath "Azula's dad called me right now and he told me that she overdosed again and she didn't have a pulse at the scene"

The air in my lungs leave and everything comes in closing. It fucking happened. I see my mom shake me but I'm unable to move or respond, she screams for Gia seeing my sister come in. I grasp at the floor trying to make sense of this fucking mess.

"I need to go" I rasp out pushing my mom away from me as she tries to pull me back.

"Rue she isn't dead they got her back, Rue please listen to me she's alive" My mom's voice finally enters my mind as I look at her "I need to see her" I whisper as she nods. I bring one of her hoodies due to it smelling like her.

The drive to the hospital felt like a blur, the bright lights of the hospital never surprise me on how bright they are. My mom motions me to go and I just nod at her entering the elevator.

I enter the room seeing Azula's dad on the phone as he hugs me tightly. Billie steps out of the room scaring me a bit, she looks at me with her red eyes "listen it's fucked up in there just fuck" she chokes on a sob as I just stare ahead numb.

I finally enter the room hearing the familiar beeps of the machines. I tear my eyes off the ground seeing Azula lifeless body just laying with a tube down her throat breathing for her. All the memories her and I made come back to me like flashes.