Thirty-Nine

RUE

It was finally the first day of school. I've been jumping around hanging out with Azula again and with Elliot. Surprisingly Azula and I have been doing okay, we made it official again which wasn't a surprise to our parents nor our friends.

I knew she was doing drugs again but we made an agreement to tone it down to the point we don't kill ourselves. But she doesn't know I've been doing drugs with Elliot. I feel bad for lying but I can't risk losing her again.

After the night I broke it off I was too angry to even be sad about it. I thought I was doing the right thing but after a week I realized what I did wrong. I tried to talk to her but never got a reply, which of course got me to relapse.

I slightly smile seeing Azula in the halls, i start walking towards her as she wrap her arms around my neck once i gets closer.

I finally had what I wanted. Azula and drugs.

"You know you're like a dream" I tell leaning down kissing her, she smiles kissing me back.

"Didn't know you were such a romantic Rue"

"What can i say" I give her a small smile kissing her again. I slightly open my eyes seeing Elliot making me tense up.

Oh fuck I completely forgot he goes to our school.

If this asshole says anything about using drugs I will literally slit his throat in the quad.

Azula immediately pulls back "You okay Rue?" I focus my attention back to her "oh uh yeah".

Please god don't fuck up my life.

"Yo Rue"

"Hey"

"What's going on?

"You guys know each other?" Azula asks a bit confused as she stares at Elliot. I swallow nervously as Elliot starts speaking "Yeah we met on New Years"

I put on a confused look "Oh shit yeah...that was it New Years that's...where we met"

Azula kept her gaze on Elliot. "sorry this is Azula, shes my girlfriend"

"wow...I didn't know you were um-"

"In a relationship?" Azula cuts him off as she looks at me with a glare. No one says anything before Maddy calls for Azula at the end of the hall.

"I'll see you around Rue...nice to meet you Elliot"

I open my mouth to say something but close it immediately. Wow that was really awkward.

"That was awkward" Elliot states making me look at him.

I laugh nervously "Yeah that's her sometimes, you guys will like each other"

I walk with Elliot to class as I pass by Cassie who doesn't look the best but I'll ask Azula about her later. Ever since Nate got his shit rocked it's been hella weird with Cassie.

AZULA
"So you are back together?" Billie asked with a straight face as we FaceTime.

I shrug "I guess so I mean yeah" I say quietly not sure what to say.

"Does she know we fucked?"

I roll my eyes "shut the fuck up we did not fuck"

She smirks "we almost did"

"Billie not now"

She lets out a small laugh making me roll my eyes once more, it was when we were both drunk as fuck and we were both hurting so we started making out and almost had sex.

Our conversation doesn't last long as Rue knocks on my bedroom door softly. I hang up the FaceTime as she immediately cuddles me on top of my bed. I hug her tightly taking a deep breath but immediately pull away "who were you with"

She looks at me nervously "uh no one?"

"This cologne does not smell like no one Bennett"

"Fine I was with Elliot"

I hum in response sitting up, she tries to pull me onto her lap but I push her away from me. "Baby come on don't be like that" she whines making me ignore her.

My phone vibrates making me open messages seeing Maddy's new message.

'You telling her what happened with Billie?'

Rue immediately looked at me not realizing she was also looking at my screen. "What happened with Billie?" Rue asked as she looks at me in anger.

I shake my head not wanting to say anything. She keeps on looking at me with such anger "did you guys have sex?" She asks again making me mumble a no.

She gets closer to me as she towers over me making me a bit nervous. I look up just to have her pin me on the bed by my neck. I gasp slightly as she squeezes my throat "answer me Azula" she whispers getting closer to my lips.

"What if we did" I smirk making Rue's anger get worse.

"I'll kill her"

I gasp slightly as she tightens the grip she has on my neck, "We didn't fuck we only kissed" I say the best I can making Rue let go of my neck.

"You swear?"

"I swear" I tell her truthfully, she doesn't reply as she kisses me harshly. I let an unexpected moan from the roughness. Suddenly I remember something making me pull away from the kiss turning my head to the side which didn't help.

"Rue-" I try to say seriously but it turned to come out as another small moan as she starts kissing my neck along with sucking it slightly. I push her back slightly "Calm down you freak" I finally catch enough air to say making her pout as she sits back.

"Why are you giving me shit if you also made out with Jules"

Rue immediately breaks eye contact as she tries to come up with an excuse but ends up embarrassing herself as she stutters. "Yeah that's what I thought" I scoff grabbing a pillow and slapping her on the face.

"Oof"

I lay back down grabbing my phone as I quickly text Maddy telling her she got me in trouble. She went me a winky face before calling me.

"Hello?" I answer getting a look from Rue who immediately gets closer to me trying to listen. I push her head away making her cuddle into me making me sigh. She shoves head into my boobs making me roll my eyes.

'Nate isn't answering my calls'

'And why are you tripping over that'

'I don't know but he's acting fuckin' weird ever since he got out of the hospital'

'Maybe he got brain damage Mads I don't know'

Maddy and I go back and forth as Rue looks up at me like she wants to say something. I look at her confused before I ultimately end the call due to Rue's face.

"I saw Cassie get into Nate's car"

My eyes widen slightly "No that cant be right"

Rue grabs my face with her hands bringing me closer to her "Zula I promise you I saw her blonde ass going into that bitches car"

I give her a quick kiss "Hm fine" I say thinking about what could of happened.

"Detective Bennett and Azula on the case?"

I laugh slightly "Yes baby we're on the case now"

She smiles back at me "wanna do drugs?" She asks making me smile more.

"You read my mind"

Maybe being back with Rue isn't a bad idea.

A/N any predictions on episode 3 or even the whole season?