Kota's thoughts prodded at her, small and hesitant. He thought heading back was a good idea. They could keep an eye out for anyone who needed help, he insisted. It was a decent idea. Harper could head back and grab anyone she ran into along the way. With how many UA students were scattered through these woods right now, they were bound to run into one or two along the way. They could even cross paths with Shoto and Shoji, who's been inching back towards the road as Dark Shadow reared his head and drifted through the trees.

"...Alright. Fine." Harper let out a breath. She adjusted her grip on Kota. He was heavy, but her will to carry him the entire way back was heavier. "We'll see you back at camp, then. Be careful." 

"That's what I should be telling you, not the other way around." Mandalay said, a brilliant and relieved smile forming on her face. Harper nodded, offering a weak smile of her own before turning on her heel and starting down the path at a slight run. She was really too tired to be even walking, but that wouldn't stop her right now. If there was ever any time not to take a nap, now was one. "I love you, Harper! Keep him safe!" 

Harper dislodged one hand from Kota and raised it briefly before regaining her grip on him, speeding up as much as she could get herself to. The woods, previously so comforting, now seemed menacing. The trees loomed over her like a threat, twisting over the pathway and blocking out what little light the moon provided. Harper kept her eyes forward. If she looked back towards her aunt, she might break. Emotionally or physically, she really wasn't sure. She supposed it was better not to find out.

Harper let her quirk fan out as far as she thought she could without getting dizzy. She didn't want to risk wearing herself out too much to use her quirk at all. Conserving energy and keeping herself in as best working order as possible was her goal right now. Getting Kota to safety was top priority, and she wouldn't let herself ruin that by passing out or getting a migraine that prevented her from thinking straight. Her cousin needed her right now. She had to be there for him, because if she wasn't, who else would be?

Harper had never been so hyperaware before. The way the dirt and gravel crunched beneath her shoes was deafening. Loud, and a dead giveaway that they were there. The leaves rustling overhead were possible enemies, and the slightest crack of a twig in the distance had her quirk racing to figure out what caused the noise. A villain, or an overweight raccoon looking for a snack? Harper hadn't experienced fear this visceral in a long, long time. It was a strong, overwhelming feeling she never would've thought she'd feel again. But here she was anyway, her eyes darting and her mind spinning wildly out of control. She was afraid, but functionally so.

"...Do you think they're okay?" Kota asked after a moment of Harper jogging along the trail. They were terribly far from camp. A terrifying distance, actually. What would seem like a short, forty minute trek under normal circumstances had just turned into a deadly obstacle. Harper was almost tempted to ignore her aunt's wishes and instead post herself and her cousin up in the highest, sturdiest tree she could find. It wasn't the worst idea, but the possible risks outweighed the reward. "Muscular is a powerful villain. He... He killed mom and dad, what if he--"

"They're fine." Harper cut off the negative thought before it could wrap around his chest and strangle him. He was on the verge of tears again. She could not only hear it in his thoughts, but feel it in the way he gripped at her clothing and shoved his face into her shoulder. Harper gave him a comforting squeeze, trying to sound sure. "They are two of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys I've ever met. They're top of our class combat wise. If anyone can beat Muscular, it's them. Without a doubt."

Kota didn't say anything else, but Harper supposed she'd done a good job at sounding positive, because he calmed down notably after that. Harper was glad. Harper had been around his age when she'd gone through something just as traumatic as this. She could only hope he didn't lose anyone tonight. That would make it a thousand times harder, and near impossible to recover from. Harper would know.