Chapter 51

Third person pov

Harper was going to fucking kill them.

Taking her shortcut had certainly helped. What would've taken until midnight was cut in half, assuring Harper that they'd land at camp around sunset, if not before then. Definitely not optimal, but it was the best she could do in the circumstances. They clearly hadn't planned for her knowing this back way either because they didn't see a lot of earth monsters in the beginning. Any of the golems Pixie-bob had previously made either were useless or had to travel a fair distance to intercept them. Again, shit could be better, but Harper was taking any win she could these days. No matter how small it was.

That being said, she was tired. So, so fucking tired. By the time they got to camp, they were all covered in sweat and dirt. Maybe even a little blood! They normally didn't make it this hard. Maybe it was because she was there and they wanted to fuck with her, or maybe they saw how much firepower Bakugo had and wanted to put it to the test. Not to mention Izuku punching through everything and Iida kicking. Don't even get her started on Shoto almost starting three forest fires and then encasing everything in ice. Harper's head was killing her from temperature change alone. Nevermind the swarm of panicked thoughts. What was even worse was that, somehow, she could hear Aizawa's thoughts! All the way out in the middle of the fucking forest! 

"Oh my god, you made it! I'm so proud of you! Did you hear my words of encouragement? I was cheering you on the entire, entire, entireeee time. And your aunt, Mandalay, showed me baby pictures of you on her phone! I can't believe you dressed up as her when you were five for Halloween. I love it. You're so cute." Aizawa's inner thoughts bounced cheerfully as 1-A slumped out of the forest, Harper and Kirishima tiredly bringing up the rear. Harper was really dreading having to deal with her hyperactive relatives after that shitshow. She just didn't have the energy. She'd missed them, but enough wrangle them after all that? No. Never. "Look at you! You look so cute; like you just went through a traumatizing war or something!"

That was a contradictory statement, but Harper didn't have time to think about that. Her gaze swiveled to her aunt, who was excitedly looking for her in the crowd. As though she hadn't just put them through the Bootcamp survival course from hell. Whatever. They probably based it off what they could do rather than what a bunch of teenagers could. That was so like them. None of them had been able to get their teacher certifications due to the fact that they kept almost killing the kids by accident, so they settled for hosting summer camps under the supervision of people who actually knew how to do their jobs instead. That being said, Aizawa had agreed to throw them off a cliff. So how safe were they?

"You said it would only be like, three hours!" Mina cried, looking like she might actually break out into tears at any given moment. Harper couldn't help but grimace. "I haven't gotten acid burns on my hands since my quirk first awakened, but now look at me! I can barely stand, and I smell, and I just want to cry."

"That was hell." Shoji's thoughts claimed.

"Milk." Ochako's were oddly morose. Harper still had no idea what the hell her obsession with milk was, but she had to agree with this one. Sad milk just fit the fucking mood. Not to mention Izuku's shirt had gotten ripped along the way, which wasn't helping Bakugo. Harper was tempted to strip herself and give Midoriya her own shirt just to get the blonde to put it back in his damn pants. 

"I guess we timed it based on how long it would take us! Sorry!" Mandalay chirped, smiling apologetically. Harper clicked her tongue. "Where is Harper? I know she's in there somewhere. Kota still doesn't believe me when I say she's here. He's missed you so much, Harper! I know you can hear me. Come out and say hello to your poor cousin. He's been hoping to see you, even if he won't say it. You know him."