Chapter 30

A new song bonus thing will be coming out soon! Pretty Dabi centered. Anyone want to try guessing what song it is? The song is one word, and so is the band.

!!!!! Major Trigger Warning !!!!!

(But nobody dies and it turns out okay-ish)

Third person pov

Harper stared at the roof of Tsukauchi's car, as she often times found herself doing. It was around four in the afternoon, and they were stopping somewhere to get food. Their lunch had consisted of a family size bag of barbecue chips that they split between the four of them. Kurogiri had never had them before now and thought they were a godsend in and of themselves, meaning they'd definitely have to stop by the store to grab him some more if they didn't want him warping out to get them himself. At the moment, they were actually stuck in traffic. Harper had the feeling they would be for a while. Sansa and Tsukauchi were singing along to Sansa's playlist, which wasn't the worst, but some of the songs she'd heard were god-awful. 

"And she says!" The two men exclaimed, clapping their hands together as their bodies bopped back and forth to the beat. It would have been more obnoxious if not for how truly happy they were as they did it. Harper didn't have the heart to shut them down. "I wish that I could be like the cool kids, 'cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in! I wish I could be like the cool kids! Like the cool ki-ids!" 

"But they are not children." Kurogiri's thoughts were as blunt as they got. His curiosity was genuine enough that Harper had to wince pitifully at the guy. It was a bit sad, but not unexpected. How long had he been with the villains? She was assuming his emotion had disappeared when his quirk manifested, so this was all pretty new to him. That was going off the fact that most kids got their quirks between the ages of four and five, that is. He could've easily been a late bloomer as well, or it could've been given to him somehow. If All Might could give his quirk to other people, it wasn't so far fetched to assume there was someone else out there who could do the same. Kurogiri had alluded to it in his thoughts a few times, as had All Might and his seven extra voices.

Tomorrow would be busy. Internships were almost over, so the Chief of Police was determined to have Harper do as much as humanely possible. She had a feeling her services would still be offered after this week was over due to how useful she'd been, but for now everyone was going off the notion that they wouldn't be having her to utilize until she either became a hero, or even better in their eyes, a detective. They were seriously trying to sell her into the whole law enforcement thing. Running her into the ground didn't help their case, but they really didn't seem to realize that. They clearly thought they could convince her while making her do their shit.

In the morning she had Dabi to talk to, and getting literally anyone and everyone to agree to him being her bodyguard would be nearly impossible due to his demeanor and overall appearance. He looked awfully homeless for someone who wasn't. After that they had to go find Stain's son, and Harper was going to handle that because they were both kids. Then there was a whole plethora of other bullshit the precinct had scrounged up to try and keep her there longer. It was a lot.