Chapter 10: The Ferret

Y/n: Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Harry and I had been in the courtyard for half an hour trying to figure out what dragon he saw when he spoke up, "Horntail!"

I look at him confused before he finished, "That's the dragon I saw!"

I slightly open my mouth out of shock, "Were there multiple dragons or just the Horntail?"

"There was one for each of us," he answered.

I sigh, "You better hope you don't get the Horntail-"

Before I could explain any further the twins rushed over. They were laughing while showing Harry and I badges students had been rudely shoving in our faces all morning. The badges had a picture of Cedric Diggory that turned into a picture of Harry with the words 'Potter Stinks' inscribed on it.

I yanked the badge off of Fred while shaking my head and turning to do the same to George. "What, Y/n? We're just supporting Hogwarts!" George said in a mocking tone as I walked to the nearest trashcan.

"You should be supporting Harry you dimwits," I said as I threw the badges into the trash.

I walked back over and stood next to Harry, the twins in front of us. "Loosen up, love," Fred said smirking.

I tried to continue to be angry but I couldn't after Fred called me 'love'. I turned to Harry and said, "Don't worry, Harry. You'll be fine."

"Thank you for the help Y/n, I really appreciate it. I'm going to go and tell Cedric, it's only fair he has the same advantage as me," he said before walking away.

I watched while he tried to go further into the courtyard just to be taunted. It made me upset how they were treating him but I was more proud of Harry for not retaliating and just ignoring it. I turned my head to face the twins.

Fred and George look at each other and then back at me, "Want to do something fun?" they asked in unison.

"How fun?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"It involves testing out one of our new inventions," Fred started.

"On someone," George completed.

This might sound terrible, but it honestly sounded fun, "Let's do it."

They both smiled as Fred grabbed my hand, my heart skipped a beat. "Brilliant, we were starting to feel like neglected children," Fred said with a fake pout.

I put my other hand on his shoulder, "That's because you are children, Fred."

He chuckles and we begin to walk when we hear loud laughter coming from the middle of the courtyard. The twins and I turned around to see Professor Moody bouncing a white ferret up and down in the air. Professor McGonagall ran over confused, "What are you doing?"

"Teaching," he quickly replies.

"Is that a-? Is that a student?" she says showing the alarm in her voice.

"Technically, it's a ferret," Moody replied while shoving the ferret down Crabbe's pants.

I chuckled, "Oh that poor ferret," while leaning over to Fred.

He chuckled at my joke while looking at me. I then realized, he never let go of my hand.

I looked from our hands to him as he did the same. He smiled as we made eye contact and I couldn't help but return it. He squeezed my hand and I got really nervous, I hope I'm not blushing.

I looked back to the entertainment I noticed the ferret was on the floor and had turned into Malfoy. He then proceeds to threaten Moody about him telling his father. "Is that a threat?" Moody said as he began to angrily, chase Malfoy around a tree.

McGonagall started scolding and calling after Moody so I turned to Fred, "I can't decide who I feel more bad for, Malfoy or Crabbe."

Fred chuckled, "I'd say Crabbe."

George came up behind us and put his head in between our's while throwing his arms around both of our shoulders. The motion was so sudden and unexpected it caused Fred and I to let go of each other's hand, "No, I'd say it's definitely me having to listen to your constant flirting."

"I'm sorry, George. Did you want to be involved in the conversation?" I said in a fake apologetic tone.

"Oh shut up and let's go," he said as he began to walk with his arms still around us.

~Time Skip~

The product the twins wanted to test out ended up being dye that stays wet no matter how much someone attempts to dry it up. We did two tests, the first on Neville who we just wanted to touch it with his hand but ended up sitting in it. The second on Snape, who also sat in it, but we didn't tell him he did so he went around with pink dye on his robes the entire day.

Anyone who attempted to tell Snape was dissmissed by Snape who assumed they were messing with him. He left a trail everywhere he went. The twins and I finally got back to the common room, busting out in laughter.

Harry had his head buried in his hands with books scattered on the table in front of him, on the other side of the room of all of the other Gryffindors. My smile fell and I turned to the twins, nodding in Harry's direction. They nodded back and we all went over to Harry, "What're you doing, mate?" Fred asked.

Harry lifted his head and looked in our direction, "Trying to figure out what to do for tommorrow. I know I'm supposed to use my broom but how to I get one in the Tournament, we aren't allowed to use them?"

The twins looked at each other and then at Harry, "Well then why didn't you just say so?" they said in unison.

The both leaned in, "Use accio," Fred started.

"It'll bring your Firebolt right to you," George finished.

Harry's eyes lit up, "Thank you, Fred and George!" while grabbing his books and going to his dormitory.

I smiled and put my arms around both of the twins' shoulders, "Good job, you're finally stepping into your roles as role models."

"As if," George said chuckling.

"Yeah, who do you think we are? Percy?" Fred asked.

We all started laughing and then stayed up late perfecting their new experiment. The last thing I remember was slowly falling asleep onto Fred's lap, taking in the scent of cinnamon, fireworks, and burning wood.

Word Count: 1,082