The five of us made our way backstage and we were shown to a private dressing room. This was at Alyssa request and partly mine. I didn't want to have to see too many people before the show started. That just left more time for people to bring up the shooting and that's something I'm trying to avoid like the plague.

            We did pretty well hiding out in the dressing room though. When the show was about to start a stage hand came back into to get us and showed us to our seats. Once again I'm sitting right in the front row. Luckily I had the buffer of four people around me to avoid having to talk to other musicians for now.

            The show started and we had fun just enjoying the performances of other artists. I already knew that half of the awards I'm up for are going to be aired on TV later in the show so I know I'm most likely going sit here full of anxiety waiting for the end of the night. As the first commercial break started I stood from my seat to stretched my legs out. Just as I was about to sit down I saw someone start to walk up to me out of the corner of my eye. It was Taylor Swift. I knew I couldn't avoid people forever so I did take the time to say hello to her and have a little bit of conversation before the show started to come back from break.

            Much to my surprise as we came back from break they announced they are presenting the award for Best Rock song. I jumped a little in my seat and looked at Alyssa.

            "I thought you said they aren't presenting this award on air?" I asked trying to remember our conversation back at the hotel as the announcers read off the list of nominees.

            "They told me they weren't." Alyssa said as we watched the announcers open the envelope.

            "And the winner is Ash Monroe." The announcer said.

            The crowd started to cheer and I looked at Alyssa. She nodded and pointed towards the stage. Right I needed to get up there. I stood from my seat and looked at Nikki.

            "Help me up the stairs please." I asked quickly. Nikki got right up from her chair and hugged me before she took my arm in hers and escorted me up the stairs.

            Once we got up the stairs I took the award from the announcer and held onto it for a few seconds before I passed it to Nikki. It was too heavy for me to hold for long.

            "Before you start your speech Ash we just want to let you know that you also won the Grammy for Best Rock Performance for My Heart." The announcer said and presented me with another award.

            I took the award from her and held onto it for a moment. I took a deep breath and Nikki offered to take the second one from me as well. I gave it to her and faced the crowd.

            "I'm not still high right? This is really happened?" I asked and looked at Nikki. She faced me wearing a bright smile.

            "This is real Ash; you're not making this up." Nikki offered before taking a step back to let me have the spotlight.

            "These past few months have been rough. From being constantly in pain to have to ask everyone for help to do normal everyday things I couldn't do for myself anymore. This song is so important to me. I wrote it a long time ago with my brother and only recently found it again. I didn't know how it would do because it's very different from my old sound and still a bit heavy from my new sound but I knew that the fans needed to hear this song. I want to thank the academy for putting me up for this award and for all of the voters who thought it was a song worthy of this Grammy award. Asher this one if for you." I said.