14

Monday could've gone worse. I feel a bit better; physically at least. The last time I vomited was when I woke up in my room. Luckily, I have a bathroom in there. Right after that horrific scene, Dad came in to help me, then I took a nap and awoke the next day.

"What did you eat yesterday? Because three donuts were missing from the box." Dad says. Both of us were in the kitchen, and I sat at the table on a stool, with a cold water bottle. "What I should be asking is why you count the donuts." I retort, giving off a small laugh. Dad laughed as he was opening the fridge. There was then a knock at our door. Dad closed the fridge, and moved towards the door.
The door opens to reveal Jax and Levi with their backpacks over their shoulders.
"Hellooo Mr. Banner!" Levi exclaims.
"Goodbyyyye Levi!" Dad mimics, shutting the door on the two. I can hear Jax laugh from the outside. Dad then lets them in, and it's when I realize I have on PJ pants, and am wearing no bra underneath my shirt.

"Feeling better?" Jax asks, standing to my left. I shrug as an answer.
"So... Have you gotten worse than yesterday?" Levi asked. I jokingly gave him a face. "I was just asking." Dad was watching us, chuckling quietly to himself.

"You think you'll be at school tomorrow?" Jax asks.
"I don't know. Maybe." I reply.
"What about Thursday?" Jax asked.
"He likes stalking you. It's the reason we're here." Levi says. Jax and ignores his remark as I laugh.
"I don't know, I might be out all week," I tell them. Jax sighed. "Great. You're leaving me alone with this the whole week."
"Excuse me but that offends this." Levi says.
"Oh look, the door," I say. Jax smiled and rolled his eyes.
"Okay, okay, see ya Banner, Mr. Banner," Jax said tipping his head to Dad, who smiled and nodded.

"See ya, and feel better," Levi said, walking towards the door. "Don't make a mess."
"Levi, shut up." Jax says, as they were heading out the door. Once they were out, Dad laughed and looked at me. "You guys are like a miniature family, but it's hysterical when you all fight — especially when Levi is involved."
I smiled. "Yeah, but don't be hard on him, he tries."
Dad chuckled. "You guys do pick on him a lot,"
"Dad, I already told you, he loves it!" I exclaim. Dad laughs as I take another sip of water.
"You know, if you want to ask Dalia out that's fine with me." I tell him once again. Dad slowly turns around and looks at me. "Okay..." He gave me a confused smile.
"Well wouldn't people who are single... With kids... Ask them if it's fine?" I ask.

"You haven't met her."
"I'm not the one who's gonna ask her out." I say.
Dad looks at me funny with a smirk. "You really want me to ask her out?" He sounded surprised.
"Well by the way you talk about her you seem like you want to." I point out.
"And what if she's married?" Dad asks.
"Then you look the husband straight in the eyes, and kick him where it really hurts!" I say. Dad can't hide his smile, which makes me laugh.
"If she's married, look for a ring." I take another sip of water.
"That's better," Dad says. I giggle. A thought comes to mind: When was the last time Dad ever went on a date? To me, it was probably in the time of the Renaissance.

"But hey, before we jump to conclusions, get to know more about her," I say. Dad nods. When Dad does er... If he starts dating Dalia, I want to get to know her too. And if she likes Science then I know she's going to like Dad. "Oh, and no Science puns! Puns for love can be strictly weird — even pick-up lines! Just don't!" I explained, giggling.
Dad laughed. "I'll keep that as a reminder." I smiled as he walked over to the couch. Right there, I started to feel uneasy and my legs began to shake. Standing up, I walk over to the couch. Dad sits at the far left side of the couch, as I sit at the very end of the right. My stomach starts to turn. I must've had a look on my face, because Dad looked at me, asking if I was feeling alright. As I gave him a shrug, Dad grabbed a blanket, and jokingly threw it at me. I arranged a pillow on the arm rest, and laid down with my feet near Dad. With my eyes closed, I could feel Dad stand up from the couch, and then pull gently at my hair.

Hearing him walk towards the kitchen, I smile to myself. A feeling like the pull of two opposite ends of a magnet overcome me. Sitting up, the feeling fades away. Dad walked back over to the couch. "Are you okay?" I nodded. Although I still mentally wasn't.

*************************************************
****************************************************

( I was so excited when this trailer came out 🙌🏻 )