13

Today officially starts Dad's week off, and I had an idea of faking being sick just to hang around with him. It's also Monday, and I didn't feel like being myself. I was out the door this morning, when I Dad had asked if I wanted s ride.

In the car, I flipped down the mirror to see it reflecting my brown eyes. Looking into the mirror, I adjust my hat. Flipping the mirror back up, I look down at my converse. I'm not so sure I like what I picked to wear today.

I have on a green v-neck with long sleeves, a white tank top underneath, with a black sweater over it. I also had on dark blue jeans. For some reason I wasn't feeling comfortable. Maybe I should've gone with sweatpants.

*************

As Dad pulled into the parking lot across from school, he turned to me. "See ya Kiddo," He leaned over and kissed my cheek.
I smiled. "Bye Dad," Closing the car door, I made my way over to the entrance — without being hit by a car. Walking in the hallway, I felt like throwing up.
Keep walking. I mentally told myself. The more I walked, the more it felt like I was going to lose those three donuts and the waffle I had for breakfast. Maybe it's time I move to a diet.

Leaning on my locker, I noted a sign for throwing up was a watery mouth. Shit.
"Kerry, are you okay? You... Look horrible." My eyes shift to see Jax and Levi right next to me.
"Kerry?" Jax asked, seeing if I could hear him.
"Do you have water?" I ask, feeling my forehead. Jax pulled out his water bottle, as I immediately took it and used the waterfall technique to drink. Dizziness hit me in the head for a few seconds, and though I tried to hide it, the boys noticed. "Kerry, do you need to see the nurse? You look really pale." Jax says, as I give his water bottle back.
"Wh...? No. I'm fine." I reply. Levi lifted an eyebrow at me. "Yeah, no you're not. We're taking you to the nurse." He explained, taking my arm.

"I'm fine!" I snapped, thrashing my arm from Levi. The boys were silent and shocked.
I took a breath. "I'm fine. Can I just get to class?" Both boys gave me space to straighten up and start walking down the hall. I could tell they were following behind me, so I sped up and hurried to Social Studies.
Entering the room, I sat with my head down on the desk. My forehead was burning up, and my head felt clogged. Taking off my sweater, I rolled up the sleeves to my shirt, and brushed my hair back. I didn't have a band, which sucked.

My teacher, Mr. Harve walked in. "Alright guys, get out your notebooks, we'll be starting where we left off. Which place in Germany was it?" No one raised their hand. Rubbing my eyes, I start to raise my hand. "Kerry?" Mr. Harve smiled.
"I think it was — " Oh shit. This isn't good.
I covered my mouth, and got up from my chair.
"Miss Banner, do you need to — ?"

I didn't hear the last part since I was already out the door, heading to the bathroom. Entering the bathroom, I realized no one else was in here. Opening a stall, I threw my beanie on the ground, stood in front of the toilet, and waited. Nothing happened. I waited a minute longer.
Soon, I was bent over the toilet, throwing up this morning's food. My stomach tightened after every heave of food that I regurgitated.

"Oh my God..." I hear a new voice. Turning around, I close the stall, and lock it. "Who is this?" It was Willa.
"No one!" I yell.
"Kerry?"
"No!"
"Are you okay?"
The hell, does it sound like I'm okay? "I'm fine!"
"I'm getting Doctor Dunwell!" Before I could protest her not to get our nurse, she was already out. I could feel the sick tears roll down my heated cheeks. I wanted to fake being sick to stay with Dad, and I guess this was the universe telling me I was an idiot.

Not minutes later does the bathroom door open again. "She's right here," Willa said. I could feel the hand of our nurse, Ms. Dunwell, on my shoulder.
"Kerry, it's alright. We're gonna get you cleaned up and take you home." Ms. Dunwell helps me up and out of the stall. She hands me this trash can for emergencies like this. I hold the trash can to my chest, and to my luck the bell rings, sending kids to their next classes.
Just my luck.
As students pile in the hallway, Ms. Dunwell guides me to her office. "Move it! Out of the way!" Ms. Dunwell yells. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, that leads up to Jax. Levi stands at his right, walking with us. "What happened?" Jax asks.
"She's holding a trash can the hell you think is happening? And I told you so!" Levi says. Jax gave him a look.
"I'm... Fine." I tell them.
"You boys step away from her, but go back and grab her things from... What class were you just in sweetie?" Ms. Dunwell asks. I tell the boys Social Studies, but they already had to know.

*************

      Sitting in the nurse's office, I still hold the trash can in front of me. Jax and Levi brought up my stuff, and right before that Ms. Dunwell called Dad. I only threw up once since I got here. That's good... I guess.

The sound of footsteps caught my attention, to where I see Dad at the door. Standing up, I set the trash can down, and walk towards Dad, throwing my arms around him. I bury my face in his shoulder, as he kisses my hair, and brushes strands with one hand since as the other holds me.

We then walked out of school and to the car. I don't remember falling asleep in the car; the next thing I know I'm waking up in my room, and running to my bathroom to throw up.

*************************************************
***

( I think I'll do my Authors notes like this now )