3

Does she miss me?
      His head pounded. Should I really stop this and tell her?
      He wanted to sleep. How would she take it?
      Every muscle in his body ached. Hang on Bruce, you're just tired.
      He wanted to see her. But what would she say?
      The questions ran through Bruce Banner's mind. Never ending, never taking them to action.
      Bruce couldn't even sleep, he needed to give up his time for this. The morning was the first time probably in a weeks or days he'd seen his daughter. Well, in person. Bruce kept a picture of her at his lab table, and work space. He decided, of course, to not tell Kerry about... The Other Guy . He didn't need another person he cared about hurt. All he wanted to do was keep Kerry safe. And that's what he's been doing for the past fourteen years.

Bruce worked at a science research lab, not too far from his apartment. For hours he would work, trying to solve a way of getting rid of his altar ego. He told his commonly that he was trying to solve the case of the Super Serum, which years ago made Steve Rogers turn into Captain America. As the years went on, Bruce's company noticed he wasn't getting anywhere near an answer, but most importantly, they noticed he needed to spend some time at home. The company got him an assistant, so he could go home and get some rest. The assistant would solve his case for a little while, which made Bruce lighten up, having him thinking of home and Kerry. Bruce was meeting his assistant today, because he couldn't say no. The assistant could already be there, and he just didn't have the heart to say no.

Bruce was in his lab, looking at his DNA down a microscope. He heard the sound of the double doors open, and the voice of the secretary. "Dr. Banner?"
"Hm?" Bruce spoke, still looking down the microscope.
"Your new assistant arrived," the secretary replied. Bruce looked up to see a beautiful lady. Her brown hair stretched down passed her shoulders. She smiled with beautiful light pink lips, and her brown-green eyes were mesmerizing. Her face was flawless, with cute freckles at her cheeks, and some on her arms. "Hi," Bruce greeted, as a smile spread across his face. The assistant smiled right back.
"Hi, Dr. Banner. I'm Dalia Reins," she said. Bruce shook her small hand. He looked into her eyes, and saw them glisten. She was gorgeous. As Bruce let go of her hand, he could still feel the gentleness as when Dalia had let go. The secretary had left, and it was just the doctor and the assistant, in the big lab.

"So, Dr. Banner — "
"Ah, you can call me Bruce," Bruce spoke politely. He didn't feel like she should be calling him Doctor. Bruce turned to his work table as Dalia followed.
"So, Bruce," Dalia said, "I hear you're trying to figure out, Gamma?"
"Uh, yes, as if, could we remove it if it got into the human body," Bruce explained.

Dalia nodded, "What are your conclusions? Since I'll be 'taking over' your part, I might need some, results if you will," She looked and flipped through some papers on the desk. Bruce saw a brown curl fall into Dalia's face, and watched as she pushed it behind her ear. "Sure." Bruce said, snapping back into reality. He made his way over to a file cabinet, open the top cabinet, and grab a file that he always needed. Never, had he let the bosses of his company see this file, not even other coworkers.
Bruce watched Dalia open the file and widen her eyes. It was a bit funny, as he chuckled softly. The paper was filled with all different kinds of answers, that he had gotten from tests. Dalia looked at him. "These are your answers?" She asked. Bruce nodded with a soft chuckle.

"Only one of them, but I can't figure out which." Bruce explained. Dalia studied the papers. "Well, I guess if I test some, and do research, I could help a little." Dalia said.
"If anyone comes up with the answer, I'd be grateful." Bruce said. Dalia smiled up at him.
"Well, we can't dilly dally," Dalia said. Bruce smiled at her. "If you're going to be a scientist you've got to have a coat," He said. Walking over to a closet, he grabbed a white lab coat, and gave it to Dalia.

"Thanks," Dalia smiled with a giggle. She put it on and grabbed a few research papers. Bruce watched her. Her movements were so swift, and her figure fit her beauty. Dalia looked back at him. "What?" She laughed.
"Nothing." Bruce smiled. Dalia giggled and kept looking through papers. Bruce finally came over to help.

********************************************************************************************************

Yayyyyyy!! A new character! Ok, so I'm trying to put in a part of where Bruce gives Dalia a nickname, and I have one, but this chapter wasn't ready of course to do that.

(lol idk if I should edit that wtf 😂 ^^^) ✌🏻️