32

When Dad saw Dalia and I enter our apartment at two o'clock, he was pretty confused. Apparently, he was having a stress-free day (total opposite of me), lounging around in oversized sweatpants and his favorite grey t-shirt. Then Dalia told him that I got in a fight. I was in the kitchen, and the two adults were quietly speaking in the living room, no more than ten feet away from me. Dalia did all the speaking, so when she got to the fight and suspension, Dad looked over at me with sad eyes.
Dad walked over towards me. The closer he became, the more tired and depressed he looked. I was waiting to hear a big deep sigh, and his voice raised telling me that I knew better and that this wasn't what he raised me to do.
"You didn't kill her, did you?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow as I looked into his brown eyes that seemed to get paler everyday. In reply, I shook my head.
Dad sighed and then nodded, "Good. Go get cleaned up — "
"Excuse me." Dalia raised her soft voice as she marched over to Dad's side. "Did it all go in the one ear and out the other when I said she — "
"No, no. You were very clear about it. I just wanted to make sure she didn't. . . Go off." Dad said with gritted teeth. Dalia let off him a bit as she moved back, understanding what he was throwing. I understood too, so I didn't know why he just didn't say it.
"I'm guessing I'm in a lot of trouble?" I ask, looking between Dad and Dalia.
Dad chuckled quietly, "Oh yeah. I don't expect you to use technology for the rest of the week — including TV." I didn't really mind that actually; I had no social media apps anyway, and nothing good was on TV anymore.
      "And you're restrained from talking to Tweedle Dee and Dum." Dad added, walking towards the fridge. I huffed at that angrily and began to walk towards my room. As I was in the hallway, I heard Dalia whisper, "I think she's more mad about not talking to her boys."
      Dad laughed, "The only time I truly ever did ground her was when she threw a fit in a pet store because we wouldn't get a parakeet."
I smiled small as I continued to walk to my room. Entering my bathroom, I started up the shower. Catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I notice how flat my hair is; it's thick, but had to wave to it. I also couldn't stop staring into my bright green irises. My conclusion as to why they've changed is from the Other Guy — I mean, Dad doesn't have green eyes, so obviously I went with his counterpart.
When the water was warm I jumped in, letting myself get engulfed in steam and hot water. I usually enjoyed hot showers, but I couldn't relax my muscles nor ease my mind with the million thoughts in my head. Maybe I could train the Other Guy in some way without having Dad change? Is that even possible?
What if Jax and Levi could help me? It would lift a lot of the weight off my shoulders, but I couldn't risk them getting hurt either. If it was up to me to help Dad cope with the Other Guy, it was my job to do so. But that also means it's my job to make sure that half of New York doesn't get destroyed. What are the odds of being a huge angry monster and live in the most crowded stress-induced place?
      I imagined living in the desert like New Mexico, where the Other Guy could run free and not cause too much trouble. Maybe we could live near a beach, some place that's not too stressful because the ocean is there, and the sound of it calms people. Suddenly, I laughed when imagining the Other Guy playing in the waves and building sandcastles taller than me.
      I'd have to break the news to Jax and Levi in person that Friday is officially over. I was looking forward to it, actually, because it was going to be the most normal thing I've done this week. Fighting and running away from a big green monster isn't what normal teenage girls do in their everyday life. I could tell they might be getting suspicious, and I was hoping that this Friday would erase those suspicions.

                                  *************

"I mean I know how she feels about having her Dad away at work all the time, but now I'm starting to worry about her." Jax said as he stared at the TV in his living room. Levi had just sat down on the other end of the couch with a bag of chips.
      "Why? Bruce is back now—actually, he's hanging around here more than he is at work I think." he chuckled.
      "How do you know that for sure?" Jax asked.
Levi chewed on chips, "My mom saw Bruce getting mail a little after I went to talk to Kerry."
      "That's interesting, Kerry said he was sick, right?" Jax asked.
      "Yeah, but it's none of my business." Levi shoved a handful of chips in his mouth. "You still into her?"
      Jax looked over at him, cheeks red with embarrassment. "Dude!"
      "What?" Levi held his hands up in defense. "You used to talk about her every day—you still do." Jax did like Kerry. Ever since they started to become close he fell hard for her.
      Jax was so fond of how intelligent she is, how much of a good listener she is, and how shy she can be. He loved all her quirks from rambling on about her day to what she had for lunch.
      "You should tell her this Friday," Levi said, his eyes functioned on the TV.
      "About what?" Jax raised and eyebrow. Levi sighed and rolled his eyes.
      "How you feel about her, dumbass!"
      "I'm not going to do it with you around!"
      Levi rolled his eyes once more. "Okay, we got a deal there, but you better do it quick or someone's going to ask her."
Jax furrowed his brows, "Who?"
      "Anyone in the future. Time flies when you don't make a move." Levi shrugged.
      "Makes sense coming from you." Jax snickered. Levi suddenly gripped the bag of chips and hit them against the couch.
      "At least I made the move on my crushes!"

******************************************************************************************************

( SORRY IF THIS LOOKED SO WEIRD w/ a gap or whatever!!) 

Also made a new cover super excited for that
Hopefully I'm back on here cuz it's summer and hopefully I can get my butt working in some new stories :)) and clean up these old ones