25

Klaus and Ashley stayed behind as Stefan drove Bonnie home, Ashley sat on a tree log thinking about what just happened while Klaus was shoving a shovel into the ground, "There

Klaus and Ashley stayed behind as Stefan drove Bonnie home, Ashley sat on a tree log thinking about what just happened while Klaus was shoving a shovel into the ground, "There. Twelve graves for twelve witches. Like it never happened." He started as he rolled down his sleeves, "Only it did happen, and now Silas has everything he needs to open the gates to hell on earth."

Ashley raised her head staring at the hybrid, "You were just gonna let Bonnie die."

Klaus walked closer to the redhead, "One is still less than twelve."

Ashley frowned at him standing up, "Yeah, but that one is my best friend, I know the term is foreign for you but she's like a sister to me"

"You tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night."

Ashley gasped, "I just killed twelve people." She admitted with dreadful realization, Klaus noticed the girl was about to cry so he placed his hands on her arms, "Hey. You look like you're in need of comfort."

She nodded meeting his eyes, Klaus took the redhead in his arms as she sobbed quietly, she pulled away swiping at her eyes, the girl never liked to be vulnerable with anyone but somehow she felt like she could be with Klaus and for just a moment she was able to relax before the reality settled in and she pulled away, "I have to go"

Ashley entered Klaus' mansion, "I got your fifty bajillion messages. This better be life and death." She yelled walking to the living room, "Klaus? Where are you?" She called out to him walking around the mansion until she found him shirtless sitting on the floor, leaning on a piano seat.

Ashley's eyes widened, "What happened to you?"

Klaus looked at the redhead furiously, "I need more time. Stop hounding me!"

The redhead raised her eyebrows stunned, "I'm hounding you? I'm supposed to be helping Caroline with three different prom committees right now and you keep phone stalking me, I can't concentrate"

Klaus stared at the hybrid with wide eyes, "Ashley. Is it really you?"

Ashley narrowed her eyes at Klaus as he struggled to pull himself onto the piano seat, "Prove it to me." He demanded breathing heavily.

Ashley rolled her eyes, "Okay, I don't know if this is some new way of flirting or what but it sucks, and I have more important things to do." She stated ready to turn around to leave

"Wait, please. Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a-- a piece of it stuck inside me."

"Why would Silas attack you?"

"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. So you can understand why I called you."

Ashley thought for a second before moving closer to Klaus, "What do you want me to do?"