10

Spending the day with Bonnie and her mother, Ashley decided it would be best to be there for her friend as well as get away from the madness in Mystic Falls

So after making a quick stop at the hospital to get some blood for Bonnie's mom, Caroline and Ashley walked up to Bonnie with the blonde carrying an ice chest, "Hey." Caroline and Ashley both mumbled to Bonnie.

"Hey."

"We totally lucked out. The hospital just had a blood drive, so we got some O negatives, some A's, and my personal favorite" Caroline said pulling out a blood bag, "B positive."

Bonnie, Caroline and Ashley were watching Abby who was in her garden standing next to an empty bird bath, "I made her a daylight ring. She's been standing out there all morning. I don't think she's taking this very well."

Caroline nodded, "Well, it's only been a few days since she turned. Your mom is still adjusting."

They all walk over to the newly turned vampire, "Ms. Wilson, why don't you come inside? Have something to drink?" Ashley offered with a slight smile.

Abby shook her head staring, "I can't feel it any more. My garden, it's gone. I can't feel anything." She stated before walking back towards the house.

Ashley shook her head in confusion, "I don't understand."

Bonnie sighed deeply, "Witches have a connection to the Earth. We can literally feel nature. Life." She explained cupping her hands on both sides of a dead plant, she recited a spell and suddenly the plant bloomed into a beautiful flower, "When Abby became a vampire, she lost it. I don't know how to help her."

Walking into the kitchen, Ashley saw Abby writing a letter while her stuff was already packed next to her, "What are you doing?" she frowned looking at the letter, the redhead realized it was a goodbye one, "Are you serious? You're going to leave?"

Abby sighed, "I have to. I don't know how to do this."

Ashley crossed her arms in front of her chest, "Do what? Be a vampire or a mother? Because Caroline can help you be a vampire, she can teach you self-control, but being a mother, I mean that's all you. Bonnie grew up without a mom, because you ran away once, but now you have an eternity to make up for it and you're just gonna throw that away?"

"She's better off without me."

"No, she's not. No one is better off without their parents. She wants to make this work. Please, don't do this, don't walk out on her again."

Abby ignored the redhead getting up, "Tell them I'm sorry." She said before heading out of the door leaving.

Next day Caroline and Ashley received a text from Stefan asking them to meet in the woods Elena met them there halfway to the actual meeting place.

"Hey Ash" Elena mumbled in greeting hoping to be on the girl's good side again.

Caroline looked at her sister waiting for her reaction before the redhead dismissed her sister's look turning to Elena, "Hey" Ashley greeted.