20

Next day outside in the Town Square, children were running around in the fake snow and starting snowball fights

Next day outside in the Town Square, children were running around in the fake snow and starting snowball fights. Inside the Grill, Ashley was admiring the postmodern snowflake Klaus painted.

She seemed to notice that she was being watched turning to see Klaus looking at her. He smiled at her as she turned around to face him, "Here to steal Tiny Tim's crutches?" She joked.

"Dickens was a dark man. You would have liked him." He said walking around the table towards her, she stared at him before turning around to look at his painting, "Nice snowflake, by the way"

"Is my work really that literal?"

Ashley shook her head, "No, I'm serious. There's something...lonely about it." Klaus stood beside her as she was lost in the painting, "Like you could've drawn a thousand snowflake but you chose to draw just one perhaps you think no one cares about you, you feel alone maybe lost" Ashley said the last words turning to Klaus whose eyes were vulnerable.

"I take it you paint then" He commented trying to change the subject

She looked down debating how to answer before looking at Klaus, "I used to"

"Why stop? I'd have certainly loved to see one of your paintings"

Ashley shrugged, "Maybe one day you will if you're lucky enough"

"Can I offer you some champagne?" He offered as she turned around walking away from Klaus shook his head pursuing her, "Can't. Too many adult prying eyes."

Ashley turned around to face Klaus who had closed the gap between them, "Don't want to be a high school cautionary tale at the next town meeting."

"Well, then it's a good thing the high school part is nearly over." Klaus said as they both stared at each other for a brief moment, "If we're going to be nice to each other, then I will need that glass of champagne." Ashley stated.

Klaus smiled walking closer to the redhead, "Is that our thing?"

Ashley smiled at him, "I'm pretty sure we don't have a 'thing' "

Klaus smiled at her again, "Allow me." He said walking away to get them some champagne

When Ashley was certain that he was away and can't see her she took out her phone texting Caroline "He's here. Go."

"And you'll just have to distract him long enough for Tyler and the hybrids to get ready"

Ashley frowned looking from Stefan to Caroline who cornered her, "No"

"What?" Stefan inquired.

"I said No, I won't do it. I mean I don't even understand why we're back at putting Klaus down" As they both stayed silent she scoffed, "Now excuse me I have other things to do"

Ashley was walking beside April, "Instruct the guests to drop their donations at the gift tree in the Grill." She instructed the younger girl.

April nodded before wandering off, "You look lovely as always" Ashley heard before turning around to see Klaus standing in front of her.