11

"Hey

"Hey. How's Alaric?" Elena asked Ashley as soon as she and Stefan entered the library.

"He'll be okay. I gave him a bottle of Bonnie's herbs and he went home. Oh, did you guys kill Finn, did it work?" Ashley asked.

"Nothing worked until I see Klaus's dead body myself."

Elena and Ashley nodded when the brunette's phone rang, it was Bonnie telling Elena that Klaus made her break the linking spell between the originals.

"Stay with Ashley. I'll call you when it's over." Stefan ordered heading for the door

"Stefan, stop. Klaus is stronger than you, we need another plan." Elena tried reasoning with him.

"What we need is for Klaus to be dead." Elena grabbed Stefan turning him around, "Stefan, stop it! You're acting on anger!"

"Anger gets things done, Elena!" Stefan snapped at her.

"Or it'll get you killed! It'll get Damon killed along with you."

"Klaus does not get to survive this. Not after everything he took from me." Stefan walked out slamming the door behind him, Ashley was already listening to the whole conversation, she entered the front hall.

"I miss well-adjusted Stefan." She muttered when suddenly the door flied open and Stefan was thrown through it by Sage who looked pissed, "Ding dong."

Ashley's eyes turned golden going to attack the redhead but being a 900 years old vampire, Sage threw the girl to the ground, "I'm not here for you. I'm here for him." She said as Troy entered after her holding Elena.

Sage attacked Stefan but as she was about to strike him she started coughing blood on the ground, Ashley got up staring at the woman who was slowly dieing before her skin turned grey, "She just died!" Elena commented frowning.

"So, Sage and this Troy guy die within an hour of Finn." Ashley concluded.

"But why? Were they bitten by a hybrid or..?" Elena questioned frowning.

"Hybrid bites don't look like that." the redhead said.

"Maybe Sage loved Finn so much she died of sadness?" Elena suggested.

Stefan shook his head, "No, that doesn't explain Troy."

Ashley thought about it until it hit her, "It's the blood." She declared as both Stefan and Elena turned to her frowning she continued, "The bloodline. It has to be. Think about it: Finn turned Sage, Sage turned Troy. They're all part of the same vampire bloodline that originated with Finn." Ashley explained.

"Wait, so when an Original dies every vampire turned from their bloodline dies along with them? Because that would mean..." Stefan trailed off as Elena continued, "If the Originals die, so do all of you. The entire vampire species would...it'd just be dead."