Confrontation by mom

You anxiously drummed your fingers against the table as you...

Chewed on a mouthful of spaghetti. You have to admit, Lyonechka sure do know where to get the best spaghetti in town. If he wasn't such a maniac, you would have been his friend.

You jolted when your phone suddenly vibrated.

"MOM!" You yelled out for your mother as soon as you saw Lyonechka's second number calling you.

"Yes—"

"Please talk to him! He won't listen to me!" You wailed as you shoved the device into your confused mother's hands.

She accepted the call and put it on speaker mode.

"(Y/n)!? I'm sorry! Please unblock me, I love—"

"You are making my child very uncomfortable." Your mother sternly spoke into the phone. There was a moment of silence before Lyonechka began talking again.

"I-I'm sorry Ms (l/n), I'm (y/n)'s boyfriend and I love (y/n) very much and I just want them to unblock me—"

"No. You are not (y/n)'s boyfriend! I'll have you know, you're making (y/n) extremely uncomfortable. I want you to cut it out or I will call the police." You heard a very audible gasp coming from Lyonechka's end.

"N-no! I'm sorry! Please forgive me, Ms (l/n)! I didn't mean to make them uncomfortable, I just wanted to be with them—"

"You have crossed every single one of (y/n)'s boundaries and balantly disrespected their request to leave them alone. Shame on you, young man. Take some time to reflect on what you've done and be better." Your mother scolded through the phone.

You heard some soft sniffling from Lyonechka. You're a little worried that he might do something brash after this.

"I'm sorry..." he whimpered.

"Stop contacting them—"

"Can I please hear their voice? At least, just this once? Please, Ms (l/n)?" He begged in between sobs.

Your mother was about to decline until you gestured her that you wanted to talk to him. She shot you a questioning look.

You shot one back that says 'please trust me on this one'.

She hesitantly handed your phone back to you.

"Hello?" You spoke. Lyonechka went silent for a while.

"Lyonechka—" you were interrupted by his noisy crying and sobbing.

"My god." You pinched the bridge of your nose.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hate me, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I just really wanted to be your boyfriend!" His breathing became short and abrupt, it sounded like he's somewhat asthmatic.

"...you heard my mom. Be better." You pursed your lips together.

"How!? I'm trying! I can't help myself, I-I always find myself going after you!" He sniffled and gasped.

"Get some OTHER friends. I'm not the only person in the world." You picked your teeth with a pinky finger.

"To me, you are! You are the nicest one and the 'realest' one to me, why would I go after trash if I could go after treasure like you!?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"What the— have you been reading books about flirting!?" His hysteria died down.

"...yes..." he shyly admitted. "Did it work? Did I make you blush at least...?" He meekly questioned.