After school drama

TW: suicide

"(Y/n)!" You gasped in horror when Lyonechka grabbed your arm.

"No!" You yanked it away and tried distancing yourself away from him, but you tripped instead.

"OW!" You injured your knee, rendering you somewhat immobilized as you cradle it in pain.

You tried crawling away from him but he had a tight grip on your wrists.

"Stop moving, you're only going to make it worse!" He scolded you.

You squirmed in his grip, trying to grab your pepper spray in your pocket only for it to slip out and roll away from you.

"Damn!" You hissed.

"What— Were you trying to pepper spray me!?" Lyonechka looked deeply offended. Though, there was a hidden layer of hurt under it.

You said nothing, you only shielded yourself with your arms, crying and whimpering. Praying that the worst will soon end.

"I'm not— I'm not going to hurt you!" Lyonechka frantically shook his hands and showed that he's not a threat.

You ignored him and tried your best to get to your pepperspray. Seeing that you're not convinced that he's harmless, Lyonechka frowned as he allowed some distance between the both of you.

You panted and whimpered as you aimed your pepperspray at him with shaky arms.

The ginger's eyes softened as he raised his arms to show that he meant no harm. He spared a glance at your knee, he can't tell if you scraped it or sprained it because its covered by your jeans.

The both of you stayed there until you calmed yourself enough to control your breath.

"...did I come off as creepy?" He asked, innocently.

"YES." You stared at him incredulously. How does he not know about personal boundaries? He crossed every single one of yours.

"...sorry." He mumbled as his head drooped down in disappointment. Lyonechka rubbed his arm, trying to comfort himself.

You tried getting up on your own, but you could not ignore the throbbing pain in your left knee. You winced and sat back down on the floor.

There was an awkward silence between the both of you. He avoided eye contact and rubbed the back of his neck. Only the sounds of raindrops crashing down on the earth accompanied you and your stalker.

"...do you hate me?" He asked earnestly, hoping that you would say no.

"What answer will make you leave me alone?!" You asked, voice wavering with fear.

"Oh..." he mumbled.

Not only did Lyonechka experienced his first crush, but he also experienced his first heartbreak. He thought that you were just 'playing around' when you blocked him.

It hurts to know that the only person he liked in this entire hellhole of a school thought of him otherwise.

"Um..." he fiddled with his thumbs, trying to think. The can of pepper spray is still positioned towards him.

You gulped and inched away. He 'chased' after you.

"(Y/n)—" you threatened to spray, so he stopped.

"...I'm sorry." He repeated. You did not utter a word, you just watched him carefully.

"I-It's just that... this is my first time experiencing a crush a-and I really like you a-and I-I don't know what to do with my feelings... I'm sorry, I just really like you, (y/n). You're so nice to me." His tone, his language, the modulation of his voice is entirely different from the initial version.