seventh.

After Yoongi had dropped Jimin off the day after, he had yet to hear anything from the man nor the family for more than a week and he has an idea why. He had left early, waking up beside a peacefully slumbering Eunji and the heavy weight in his chest diminished the minute he observed the little girl’s relaxed figure, nose scrunching and her cupid’s bow lips twitching upwards. All of their exchanges the night before comes replaying at the back of his mind and makes sure to never forget even one single detail that the child revealed to him because no matter how painful they are, these are important parts of Eunji’s life.

There’s this small nagging feeling about how he doesn’t know if the father and daughter are doing all right, despite the circumstances, he knows better than to bother them though because this week is nothing but sore for them and they have a lot of private matters to tend to. Jimin just hopes that they are coping up fine and taking care of themselves—which is pretty ironic because he can’t even remember the last time he ate nor had more than 3 hours of sleep.

Jimin is smart, his consistency and diligence is what makes him a top student, the man is just reeking of pure talent and everyone knows he has a bright future ahead of. Doesn’t mean he won’t get tired, of always pushing himself to be better, to be perfect, to be everything everyone expects him to be. He had thought he already left this trait of him in highschool, the constant succumbing to people’s opinions even though they are complete bullshit.

Some times he would just look in the mirror drenched in sweat, hollowed eyes and ask himself.

“Who is this really for?”

But when those ugly thoughts start taking over he would always remember that one time with his mother, lips on his temple, engulfed in her arms, his ears pressed against the heartbeats of her chest and he had felt as if nothing could ever hurt him, she had said, “For you Jimin. Not for me, not for your father, brother or all those people. You do the things you love for you Jiminie, as long as you are happy.”

And he would never forget that even if he would doubt himself.

Taehyung slams his door open and Jimin glares at his bestfriend, the glasses perched on the bridge of his nose dropping down. Taehyung has this cheshire cat grin on his pretty face and Jimin knows he’s up to trouble.

“No.” Jimin beats him before the other could open his mouth but the other ignored him, bounding his way to throw himself at the back of Jimin to wrap his arms around the other causing Jimin to drop his ballpen. He sighs heavily.

“Let’s go out.” Taehyung rubs their cheeks together, not giving two shits when Jimin’s eyeglasses fell between the open book beside the ballpen.

“Tae, we have one last exam tomorrow, can’t we just go on Friday?” Jimin points out, glancing at his pouting soulmate.

“But you’ve been cooped up here for days Jiminie! I know for a fact you already studied this crap and have it memorized by heart already.” The younger whined before nuzzling stubbornly at Jimin’s neck.

“Where do you even want to go?” Jimin rolls his eyes but there’s a small smile on his lips at his bestfriend’s tactics.

“Remember the steak house that opened up last month and I kept nagging you about it?”

“Hmm?” Jimin hums, remembering vividly about refusing to go there because it was pretty expensive.