Chapter 18- Messages from Unknown

I unlocked the front door then stepped inside my house after a long day of work. Yeah that's right you heard me right, I work now.

Since it was Thanksgiving break and there was no school or anyone in the house I decided to get a job rather than sit inside and do nothing all day for the next week.

The day after Derek and his parents left for the cruise I went job searching. A lot of them required me to be the cashier which I didn't like because that meant I had to talk to people which I also don't like to do alot. I don't know if you know this about me but I'm a very closed person who doesn't like to talk to people that much.

I work at The Freeze  which was basically an ice cream shop near the beach which makes business better because people always want ice cream when they go on the beach. I mean who doesn't. They only call me to the cashier if the place was really packed or if someone had an emergency and I had to cover for them. Other than that I just make ice creams or smoothies for the customers.

I sighed then dropped my bag on the staircase while I went to the kitchen real quick to grab a drink and maybe something to eat. I've been working from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon which I didn't mind because it beats sitting at the house and doing nothing, and I also get paid well. There are also a lot of generous tourists who tip us and tip very fairly too. On a regular day at the ice cream shop I earn about $40 worth of tips, not bad at all. This will make it easier to buy a place to live when the time comes.

After eating a quick snack I heard my phone buzz from inside my bag on the staircase. When I got my phone I was expecting a miss call from Elizabeth or something but it was that one person again who I didn't know but keeps on texting me.

From Unknown: Had a good day at work Darren?

I replied back a little furious that this person would not stop bothering me when I told him to stop texting me.

To Unknown: Please stop texting me, you are making me very uncomfortable.

After sending the text they replied a second later, like literally a second later.

From Unknown: What are you going to do about it Darren if I don't stop??

Now this person was starting to freak me out.

To Unknown: I said it once and I'll say it again, if I don't know you stop texting me. Do I know you??

Now that question was on my mind. Do I know him? He then replied interrupting my train of thoughts of who it could be.

From Unknown: Yes you do. And once I see you again you are going to be wishing you never knew who I was.

I was frozen. Shaking a bit too. This person is really starting to creep me out. He sent me another message.

From Unknown: Did you enjoy your snack Darren???

That right there sent my heart to beat like a mile per second and caused me to drop my phone due to my shaking hands. Scratch that shaking body. I looked around and was scared to death by a window opening by a gust of wind. I quickly ran to the window and closed it then locked it. I made sure all the doors and windows were also locked and I closed all the window curtains. I started to turn off the lights.

The entire downstairs area was now dark with a beam of light coming from the kitchen lights. I cleaned up all my mess on the table and double checked the doors were locked then I went upstairs. When I got upstairs I also made sure all the rooms had their windows closed and locked.

After the checking all the windows I went to my room and locked the door the second I got in. I yelped and dropped my phone again when I received another text message. It was that person again.