Chapter 26- The Fight

A/N: BOOO. HAHA I'M NOT DEAD. SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. BUT I'M HAPPY TO INFORM YOU I FINISH MY HISTORY PROJECT AND TRACK SEASON IS SLOWLY ENDING...SO IS SCHOOL. :).. ALSO MEAN FINALS AGAIN THO :(.

"Well good job today guys, you guys can put your instruments away now and I'll see you again tomorrow." Mr. Garner said dismissing us. "Wait Darren can I speak to you for a moment in my office" he added. All eyes were on me. Some were snickering. I hope I'm not in trouble.

I walked into his office feeling nervous. It was my first time I actually get to see the inside of the office. When I entered his office it felt like I stepped into a teenage boys room. But not just a regular teenage boy but a big geek, not in a mean way though.

Inside his office were Star Wars poster all over the place, star wars action figures, a mug, and so many other items. There was also a batman cape hanging on a drawer and a batman pillow. This room was awesome. He even has a stand-up cardboard cut out of Darth Vader next to his desk.

"I don't know if you know this Darren but I'm a huge star wars fan. I love playing star wars songs on my saxsophone." He informed me. I actually wasn't surpirsed that he liked batman but stat wars! I mean there's a love for star wars but Mr. Garners redefines love to a whole new level.

"It's so awesome Mr. Garner" I commented his office.

"Well thank you Darren, but that's not the reason why I called you into my office" Then my nervousness came back.

What did I do?

"Have you already started thinking about colleges Darren?" Mr. Garner asked.

"No not yet why?" I asked.

"I know your still a Junior but I have some news for you." He said then placed a folder in front of me.

"Remember our Charity Concert Darren?" He asked.

"Yeah why?" I replied.

"Well during the concert, sitting in the audience was a music professor at UCLA, he was very impressed by your solo Darren and he wants you in his Orchestra class at the university next year." I was shocked.

He wants me?

I saw Mr. Garner snicker at my reaction. So I answered like any sane person in their right mind would do.

"Are you sure it's me and not someone else?" This caused him to laugh now.

"Yes Darren I know it's you for sure, you really underestimate your skills huh?" He asked.

"If he wants me for next year then I can't because like you said earlier I'm still a Junior and I don't think I have all my credits to graduate yet." I informed him but like always he was one step ahead.

"I knew you might say that so I did some researching of when you went to school in Florida, and it turns out that once you finish this school year you'll have enough credits for each subject to graduate our high school, all those extra classes
you took gave you extra high school credits for your diploma." He told me.

"I don't understand, the reason the school held me back a year was because I didn't finish second semester at my old high school, how come now you say I can actually graduate this year " I quizzically asked him.

"Well Darren you finished your first semester at the old school, you got credits for those classes, but since you have taken so many extra classes, like biotech, you have enough high school credits to get a diploma if you finish this second semester with passing grades." I still looked at him confused. "Darren because of your extra classes you basically paid off your second semester credits at your old school since you did take biotechnology ever since freshman year, you even got more school credits when you interned at a hospital back home."