Chapter 7- And You Are??

"I guess we're neighbors" Cameron said with a smile reaching his brown eyes

"I guess so" I replied

Wow

Neighbors

That word kept replaying through my mind ever since he said he lived across the street from Derek's house. I mean what were the odds of that happening??

"Okay so are you ready to go Darren?" Derek asked me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah let's go" I replied with a smile.

"I gotta go back to the baggage claim and wait for my bags" Cameron informed us "I'll see you around Darren"

"See you around"

"Let's go Darren" Derek said trying to take my suitcase and duffle bag.

"No, its fine I got this Derek" I quickly told him.

"Too late" he said grabbing my suitcase and snatching my duffle bag. He started to run away because I tried to take it back.

"Derek stop running" I told him laughing.

"Okay but I'm still gonna carry your stuff"

"But I....."

"Don't be stubborn Darren I got it, your probably tired"

"Fine do what you want"

"There we go" he smiled adjusting my duffle bag. "Okay this way we go Darren" he said pointing outside the door.

Me and Derek walked together to his car which was parked not too far away. He put my bags in the trunk then we were off. His house was a 20 minute drive which I really didn't mind because while we were on the highway I could see the beautiful beaches and the tall skyscrapers.

We finally made it to his house and when I stepped out of his car I saw a huge suburban house. It was a two story house with a beautiful garden in front of the house. The color of the house was white and had a two car garage. This house was big. Ill admit my house in Miami was big but this was bigger.

"I'm guessing your liking the house so far" Derek said while grabbing my bags from the trunk. "Go ring the doorbell my Mom has been dying to see you again".

I rang the doorbell and started to wait. I heard a faint 'just a minute' in the background and the door finally opened. There she was Derek's mom Elizabeth.

At first she looked at me like I was total stranger but then realization hit her and I think she remembered me.

"Darren is that you?" Elizabeth said

"Yes it is you" she said giving me huge bear hug. I almost ran out of breath.

"Ma don't try and kill Darren he just arrived" Derek shouted going upstairs with my items to put into the guest room.

"Right, sorry dear."

"Its fine" I replied "Mrs. Rodgers good to see you again"

"Darren!" she screamed. "Don't ever call me MRS.RODGERS, don't you remember me telling you that when we still lived in Miami. Did you forget already?"

"Oh yeah, sorry...Elizabeth"

"There we go much better, don't ever call me that again it makes me feel old. The only people who can say that to me are people who are older than me because it makes me feel young. But when someone young says it I feel old, and I'm not that old Darren I'm not" This is why I missed Elizabeth so much I missed her craziness. I thought of her more of a mom as my foster mom was.