Chapter 1- The Run

I was once again waiting in the living room for my dad to come home. I glanced at the clock and it reads 2:32. Where the hell is this guy?

I really don't know why I worry so much as to stay up this late waiting for my dad when he always treats me like shit, but I guess I'm just nice like that. I try to have a good father-son relationship with him but he just doesn't want to contribute. Always ignoring me abusing me and just using me as a slave. When I got adopted I thought this was the start of a new life but boy was I wrong. It was just like before except this time I didn't have a mother who loved me just the complete opposite.

I finally heard the sound of a car that just pulled up on the driveway and a few minutes later the sound of keys unlocking the door. My dad came in looking really drunk with a bottle of vodka in his hands.

"Here dad let me help you" I said trying to help him get his jacket of.

"No I got it" he replied yelling at me.

I don't know why mom always believes him when he says 'Hon I'm gonna go have a few drinks with the guys.' I thought she would've learned that by a few drinks he meant a dozen of beers when we found him in the morning one time asleep on top of his car shirtless.

I saw him struggle to get out of his jacket but he successfully took it off. He put his jacket on the coat rack and now was trying to take off his shoes. He balanced on one leg while trying to take off the shoe on the other foot which was a huge mistake. He ended up losing balance causing him to fall and also drop his bottle of vodka.

It took him a few minutes to figure out what just happened then turned to look at me with so much anger.

"You" he said pointing at me. "This is all your fault" he yelled very loudly. He quickly stood up and ran my direction.

"No dad I didn't do......" I couldn't finished what I was about to say because he punched me causing me to fall.

His yell caused my "Mom" and my two bratty sisters to wake. They were all at the bottom of the stairs with amused look on their faces. They just watched me as my dad kicked me in the stomach.

"Maybe if you weren't so stupid you wouldn't get beaten up" my mom yelled through my sisters laughter.

"I hate you, why did I even adopt a stupid son, and to make things worst why did you have to be gay?" he told me as I laid on the floor. That word why did I even tell them about my sexuality, the day I told them my life was even more miserable than ever before.

He kicked me one last time then went upstairs with everyone else.

"Clean this shit up" he told me before completely disappearing to the top of the stairs.

I laid on that floor staring at the ceiling, my body still aching from the beating. This was not that life I wanted. This was suppose to be a fresh start from my horrible past but instead this was worse. A tear falls from my eyes and I start to cry.

"You better be cleaning that shit up down there, or I'm gonna come down and beat you some more" David yelled from the top of the stairs.

I stopped crying and started to grab the broken glass pieces from the floor. I accidentally cut my fingers from one of the pieces and saw blood starting to come out. I stared at the blood on my fingers. This reminded me of the night my birth dad killed my mom.

That's it I've had enough of this shit. I have to go. I don't think I can stand another second in this house. I quickly finished cleaning up the floor then went to my room.

I grabbed a suitcase from under my bed and a duffle bag. I quietly filled them up with clothes and other items I might need. I then went to a closet and inside a pocket of a tuxedo I wore once was my secret stash of money. What I would do is all the money I've ever earned half of it was in here. Every time I got money I would split the amount and put it in here just in case an event like tonight would happen. It was worth it because my stash had $457 and $40 in my wallet. I grabbed the money and put it inside a ziploc bag and inside a pocket in my duffel bag.

If I remember correctly there was an early bus ride to the airport at 5:00 A.M. the only problem was it is 3:12 and I live four miles away from the bus depot. If I wanted to make the bus I would have to leave now.

I quickly grabbed my suitcase and duffle bag then went out the window of my room. Good thing my room was downstairs compared to everyone else whose rooms were upstairs. I took out my phone, typed in the address of the depot and started to walk fast to the direction the GPS said.

I made it to the bus depot at around 4:45 then bought my ticket. I went inside my bus which only had five other people inside. There were empty seats at the back so I went there.

I lived in a small town in Florida and the nearest airport was in Miami which was two hours away. This will give me some time to sleep then. I sat down on a seat and laid my head against the window and stared outside.

This will be the start of my new life. A life where I'm not a servant, a life without abuse, and most importantly a life without fear. My last thoughts before falling asleep.

A/N: Hey guys so this is Chapter 1 which I had to rewrite because my old chapter 1 got delete somehow and so did chapter 2. I tried my best rewriting it so don't hate and because this is my first fanfic.

Thnx for reading guys and don't forget to vote. :)

-E