Three

Jaycee

I suck in a sharp breath as i slowly wake up from my deep sleep, slowly raising from my laid down position, and sitting up, instantly feeling the wash on cold air hit my body, making goose bumps rise. 

I feel something dangle from my neck. I take my hand and let it wonder down to the piece of jewlery i'm wearing. My eyebrows furrow together as i feel a cold metal touch my fingers.

I look down seeing a metal 'L' inital necklace hang on my neck. My eyes widen in shock, my hand clutching the necklace, and ripping it off my neck, the metal clasp shattering; falling onto my hardwood flooring, with a loud clang.

I sit on my bed, imagining possible scenarios of how it got onto my neck in the first place. All i could think of was that damn creeper from the mall. I shove that thought out of the way, and pull myself out of bed, standing up clumsily, getting up from my nap.

--

I stand at the landing of the stairs, perplexed as to why i see my dad standing in the kitchen making himself dinner. "Dad?" I question as i walk down the stairs. 

He just hums some old 1980s song to himself, completely ignoring my presence. "You're here?" I ask again, attempting to get his attention. 

"I got a late start this morning" he said coldly, giving me a glare. I'm taken back and raise my eyebrows while he's looking away. "Okay" I say under my breath, pursing my lips, grabing myself some dinner our house lady made for us. 

"Jaycee Lee," My dad said from the other side of the dining table. I feel my heart contract at his use of my name. "y-yes?" I say my anxiety setting off. "Come here" He say waving a finger at me.

I stand up, my chair making a scraping sound against the marble floor as i get up. I walk over to him, with my hands stuffed into my sleeves.

"I was in your room looking for a decent pen to use; while you were sleeping, and saw you were wearing a 'L' initail necklace?" He asked interlocking his hands, elbows on the white table. 

I groan internally. "It's not what i looked like a-" I deafened myself but he cut me off. "You had a boy over while i was gone, huh?" He said getting up from his seat. 

I gave him a shocked; horrified look, but him being him, he completely disregarded my facial expression. "I knew it" Mumbled angrily. "My own daughter is a whore!" HE shouted out throwing his spoon across the room. 

"Dad!" I yell in shock at him. "There was someone here yesterday and the day before! But that person was stranger and he broke in more than once!" I defend myself. 

"Bullshit! We have top of the line security system Jaycee! I have a late night call! I'll be back in a couple of hours!" he yelled back shrilly, grabbing a tight grip on his breifcase and storming out of the house, the door slamming behind him making the picture frames on the wall shake. 

"Nice. Home alone at 9:30pm!" I shout out, waving my arms i the air, storming off to my room fro countless hours of tumblr and wattpad. 

--

I wake up suddenly, my chest panging with fear as i hear the front door close. I shoot up from my sleeping position, my laptop sliding off my lap onto the space next to me. I glance to my red neon digital clock and it read 11:53pm. 

I rip off the covers quietly tip-toeing to the landing of the stairs, making sure to be quiet. I hear footsteps of what sounds like heavy boots along the floor downstairs. 

'My dad doesn't wear those' I say internally to myself as i continue to walk. I stand at the landing of the stairs, seeing the one person i'd never want to see in my house. Him.

I freeze in my spot, my breath hitching in my throat, my whole being frozen solid. I see his bright blonde hair, quiffed up perfectly, away from his face, his black button down hanging on his shoulders with a plain white t shirt underneath along with tight black ripped skinny jeans. 

He wondering around as if he lives here, as if he's lived here for years. Who an i kidding he's probably done this many times before. 

I notice his hands are in his pocket as he wonders around, thank god he never looks behind him to see me. The only body part of me that is moving is my eyes, following his every move. 

He somewhat turns his face and i see a black lip ring, before he fully turned around i raced back to my bed and hid under the covers. 

I bite my lip hoping to god he didn't see me and is now following my every move to where i am. I hear heavy footsteps coming up the stairs coming closer and closer to my room. 

I feel my heartbeat quicken and my hands become more clammy by the second. I hear his footsteps stop as he reaches my room. The door handle creaking slightly as he turns it slowly. 

The creaking soon stops as he walks into the room. I hear his breathing, low, slow and clam. Complete opposite of me. 

I can feel him coming closer to me, his presence more prominent to me. He gets so close his legs are touching my bed. 

He bends down and places his hand on my blanket clad body and runs his hand down it. "So beautiful" He whispers to himself. 

We both hear a car pull up to my house, the bright headlights shining through my curtains illuminating the room, letting me see his figure outline. He's broad. The stranger walks off to my bathroom. I'm assuming he went out the window because i heard my bathroom window quietly slam shut.

I jolt up from my bed, my eyes locking with my bathroom window. My eyes wonder around my room, making sure everything is in place. I nod to myself, as i see everything is in place.  

I hear my iphone6 vibrate. I assume it's Cassie so i unlock my phone and see 'Unknown number' flash across my screen. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as i open the text. 

I read the text and drop my phone, shock taking over every fiber of my being.

'Why'd you break my necklace sweetheart? - L'