Two.

Jaycee

"dad, it's just the mall!" I say aggravated, but try to hide it not wanting to anger my dad. "Jaycee you've been out every weekend stay home for once!" My dad retorts, walking away from me. 

"I always turn Cassie down though, she is legit the only friend i have at that school" I say trying to persuade him. 

He huffs out, glancing at me. I can tell he's weighing the situation in his head. "Fine." He says. "you have three hours to shop. Got it?" He said looking away half way through the sentence. I understood that i looked exactly like mum and it's hard for him to look at me sometimes.

I nod my head quickly, excitement taking over me. "Okay, thanks dad." I my voice sounding tremulous. kissing his forehead. "Yeah, everyone love's dad when he says 'yes'" He said smiling at me. 

"Oh! i'm gonna be at work late tonight, so i'm not gonna be here when you get back" He calls out to me. 

I freeze remembering yesterday. I sallow the forming lump in my throat. "okay" I call back my voice slightly wobbly. 

I wave goodbye to my dad. I slam the door shut and turn around to see Cassie waiting in her car i my front drive. I race over to her and hop in. 

--

"Mmm! What about Taylor, Robert, and Channing?" Cassie says with a mouth full of frozen yogurt in her mouth. Were playing 'fuck, marry, kill' since were already done our shopping. 

"Fuck : Channing, Marry : Taylor. And kill Robert" I say after thinking about it for a little while. 

"What?" Cassie questions, a piece of yogurt almost falling out of her mouth. We both laugh before Cassie stops and glances behind me a couple of times. 

"What?" I ask curious. "there's a guy. Behind you, he won't stop looking at you" Cassie mumbles keeping her eyes trained on her yogurt, swishing it around in her plastic bowl. 

I furrow my eyes brows and turn my head behind me and see this guy looking at me in a discreet way, but not enough. We keep eye contact for a little while before He fixes his newspaper to cover his face.

I didn't see anything but a necklace. It was a long black necklace with a metal 'L' on it. It dangled perfectly on his white t-shirt. 

"Jaycee!" Cassie's voice sounded small. My head snapped to her, pulling me out of my stare. "He seems creepy." Cassie said grabbing her bag and slinging it onto her shoulder. Pulling me with her. 

"Cassie!" I exclaimed as she pulled me away from my seat, making my almost fully melted yogurt spill. 

"Were done. I have one more place to go to." Cassie said quickly, dragging me along with her to VS. 

I gasped. "Cassie!" I whisper yelled out suddenly uncomfortable at the fact were in a underwear store. 

"It's fine, i only need one thing" Cassie reassured me. I nodded unsure about being in here. "Jay! Look!" Cassie exclaimed waving me over to her. 

I noticed she is holding up a deep purple lace thong. "Jake would like this wouldn't he?" Cassie said sugestivly wiggling her eyebrows at me. We both laughed, gaining the attention from the store clerk. 

I pursed my lips, quieting down. I started to wonder about the store as Cassie searched for something she liked. 

I spotted a piece i liked. I was a black lace set, the bra had flowy fabric attached to it, so it would some-what cover the person wearing this.  I lifted my hand to feel it. I lightly grabbed the fabric, rubbing it between my fingers. 

I raised my eyebrows, slightly nodding at how soft it was. I noticed there was a small red bow on the bra, between the cups. While the panties had a matching red bow on the waistband. I smile liking hot the lace looked on it. 

"Jay! Let's go" Cassie called out her voice ringing in my ears. I walk back over to her and the clerk. I feel my anxiety set off, as to that's the same clerk that gave us a weird look for laughing earlier. 

- - 

"See you tomorrow!" Cassie called out from her car. I waved smiling at her. As she drove off i turned around and sure enough my window was open again. 'Fuck!' i internally swear, knowing for a fact i locked it this morning. 

I walk slowly, my lip between my teeth, my heart fluttering with fear as i got closer to the house. 

"Dad?!" my orotund voice calls out as i place my bags down by my feet, starting to wonder the house looking for my dad. 

I walk into the kitchen seeing a note on the counter. "Honey, i'll be late tonight don't wait up" I read my dads almost unintelligible hand-writing. shocker late again. 

I walk back to my shopping bags, get a tight grip on them since they're quite heavy and take them upstairs to my room.

I drop the bags, making the contents spill out on to the floor, my whole body freezing, terror filling me up. "wha.." i say my voice sounding breathy. 

I slowly walk over to the VS bag sitting dead center of my bed. My shaky hands grab it and slightly opening it. I let out a horrified gasp noticing it was the black lace piece i was admiring at the VS store. 

I quickly back away from my head, then noticing a shaky piece of metal on my bed next to the bag. I lift my head up to see it and my heart contracts another gasp escaping my mouth. 

A necklace with a 'L' initial 

I quickly walk over to it, adrenaline rushing through me, snatching it off the bed and stuffing it in my bed side table drawer. 

My breath coming out in quick pants, my chest heaving, as i back away from the drawer. I glance over to the VS bag, taking it and shoving it in my wardrobe, far out of sight. I race to the window, slamming it shut, feeling the window shake from the force of my slam. 

I storm out of my room, in fear, and anger. I notice the the picture frames in front of me, and another picture of me is missing. This time the frame is face down, with the back completely off next to the frame.

"Who are you..?" I question the air knowing i wont get a responce from anyone.