"I don't know, the usual trends. Expensive sushi, handmade ravioli, wine. A lot of wine, for some reason, with that cool stare over the rim," Jackson says, and after he realizes what he said, blushes.

Wes raises an eyebrow. "My cool stare?"

"You don't need to repeat it," Jackson mumbles, covering his face with his hands.

"I have been told that my cheeks are particularly flushed after drinking," Wes says, making Jackson groan. "Oh, that was you."

"Wes."

"What?" Wes asks innocently, but a glint in his eyes betrays him.

"Please?"

"In that case," he relents, and his gaze lowers and settles on Jackson's mouth. "That word is a weakness of mine." Their eyes meet and a fire sets aflame in Jackson, and he goes hot all over.

The waiter approaches, and Wes averts his gaze.

"Ready to order?"

Wes hesitates, as they had completely forgotten the menus.

"Yes," Jackson says, flashing his smile at the waiter, who smiles involuntarily back, and then to Wes, "I'll have what you have." Wes nods and orders the West Coaster, which sounds like a safe bet, and then asks for two glasses of wine.

At this, the waiter blushes, and clumsily asks to see Jackson's ID. He's been asked this occasionally, but of all the times, really?

"Of course," Jackson says easily. He pulls his wallet out and with a wink at Wes, who goes very still, and produces his ID and hands it to the waiter. The waiter almost drops the card nervously looking it over, before jerkily handing it back to Jackson.

After the waiter leaves, Jackson looks at Wes and says very seriously, "I wonder what's going through that poor waiter's head."

Wes stares at Jackson for a moment. "You―" he stops, still staring like Jackson had said the most amazing and most scandalous thing.

"I what?"

"Nothing you don't already know," Wes says, and Jackson thinks he sees a slight blush on forming on his cheeks.

The waiter approaches again with the wine, looking at Jackson apologetically, and setting them down. He leaves and returns with their West Coaster burgers. Basically, they have avocado.

"Looks good," Jackson says, then grabs the burger and takes a bite. "Tastes good too." He watches Wes grab the burger and take a bite, and the moment he does it, Jackson doesn't need to imagine anymore.

Wes sets the burger down, a small drop of juice sliding down from the corner of his mouth. He looks at Jackson with a raised eyebrow, and with one finger, swipes the juice and sucks it off.

"Can you imagine it now?"

"Y-yes," Jackson says, his voice weak, unable to tear his gaze from Wes's lips.

Then Wes takes his glass of wine and swirls it, drinking while staring at Jackson over the rim, his eyes darkening.

"Are my cheeks flushed?" Wes asks, and Jackson shakes his head, at a loss for words. "Because yours definitely are."

All Jackson can do is watch Wes set the glass down and take another bite.

☆★☆

Wes opens the door to his apartment with a deliberate twist and push. He smiles back at Jackson, who cannot stop blushing.