Chapter 7. Common Sense.

Zak woke up the next morning, feeling very happy. He remembered everything from that vivid colourful dream. He and Darryl just sat there and talked the night away. He had also discovered that Darryl looked very good with flower crowns on. Sadly, he could not take a picture of his soulmate in a dream. That meant that they would just go there in real life though.

Zak shifted and yawned quietly turning on his side to look at his sleepy inamorato, who was still not fully awake. He could not contain an affectionate giggle as he brushed the hair away from Darryl's eyes and sighed contently.

"Darl... Darl, wake up!" He purred his fingertips floating above Darryl's cheek, but not touching.

"Mmmm... nooo.... sleepy.." Darryl stretched out opening one eye slightly and then closing it again. Zak wanted to say something else but then Darryl turned over and was practically laying on top of Zak. His head was on Zak's shoulder and one arm was draped around his torso. "You're warm..."

"Uuuh. Darryl?' Zak was petrified not knowing what to do. He was convinced that Darryl would not hug him like this in his fully conscious state. "What are-Why-um... Are you okay with what you are doing?"

He suddenly felt Darryl giggle against his neck, his breath tickling Zak's skin. He got even more confused when the older man propped himself up on his elbow and smile.

"Good morning." He whispered and leaned in, his lips brushing Zak's cheek for just a split second. Then he was off the bed and disappearing in the bathroom.

Zak sat their astonished as he brought his hand up to where Darryl kissed him and stared at the door. "Good... morning..."

He smiled even wider when he heard the quiet mischievous giggles behind the door of the bathroom. They reminded him of the time, when he was stuck in a hole, and Darryl would place water for him to swim up, and remove it right before he could actually do it. He was giggling just like that.

"God, I love him so much..." he breathed out falling back into the pillows with a stupid grin on his lips. Darryl was in a good mood, so Zak was happy.

He stayed on the bed daydreaming, and didn't even notice when Darryl came out of the bathroom, fully dressed.

"Zak? Did you fall back asleep?"

"Mmm, no." He opened his eyes and yawned, smiling at the man who was standing in front of him. "You look as great as usual!... that's not too much is it?"

Darryl blushed very faintly and shook his head, sitting down on the bed next to Zak. "No, you're good, don't worry... we do need to talk about the safeword and the boundaries though. We can do it now or after breakfast?"

"Now. If you are ready that is." Zak set up and yawned again, shaking off the last of the lavender scent that somehow stayed with both of after waking up. "So. What are you comfortable with?"

"Um... well it changes, but I think this," Darryl slowly put his hand on Zak's and looked at him warmly. "Is okay."

He chuckled softly watching as Zak melted and stared back at him, not being able to say anything.

"What I was saying, I think, for now, I will be okay with holding hands, I will hug and cuddle you when I can and... compliments are okay, just don't overwhelm me, please." Zak nodded along with everything, letting Darryl speak. "Oh, and ask before you do something, okay?

"Okay." All of this was reasonable. Zak was just a little upset because he wanted attention and cuddles all the time. But he could wait.

"What about you?"

"Um... I am okay with anything, really. It's just, after this past month I sometimes get a bit touch starved..." Zak shivered, remembering how unfocused he got and how he just desperately craved to be craved. He was brought out of his thoughts by Darryl's thumb rubbing circles in the palm of his hand. "I will tell you when that happens."