22

Amy's pov

I am still sore, I am going to be sore for a long time. But Damien is helping me a lot. He has stolen a lot of stuff to help me, I don't know where we are right now. I was sleeping in the car from the pain meds. When I opened my eyes I was laying in a bed.

"Everything is okay." Damien said, "we are in a new state, I carried you in."

"No one saw that as weird?" I asked as I sat up ignoring the pain.

"I told them that you were in a car crash and we are moving to get away from the person who hit you. The cops will not arrest them."

"They believed that?"

"Yeah." He walked over to me sitting next to me on the bed.

"Where are we?"

"Somewhere in Utah."

"Where are we heading?"

"A few more states, no one here has heard of me so they will not be looking for me."

"Are you using your real name?"

"Nope, and cash."

"What are we going to do? Like when I am all healed?"

"I have a few ideas but all I care about is you getting back to 100%."

I nodded my head yes as I looked around the room.

"This one is better than the last few motels we have stayed at." Damien said.

"It looks cleaner."

"Yeah, I don't know anyone here like the last few but that can be a good thing."

"No one knows us so no one can turn on us."

"I need to change your wraps." He stood up.

I lifted up my shirt looking at the old wraps, I took them off looking at the skin. It looks about 98% healed.

"You're almost there."  Damien said smiling.

"Thanks to you."

"No, I am the reason you need to be healed."

"Damien."

"I know, but I will never forgive myself. I promised to protect you and look at what I did."

I grabbed his face pulling him in kissing him, we broke the kiss when we needed air.

"I don't care. Yes, it was a shitty ass move but I am okay. I want to be right here with you. I still feel safe with you. And there is no place that I would ever be then right here with you. I am almost healed, just still in a shit ton of pain at times.  But we need to focus on what we are going to do next."

"Next I am stealing more shit for you, then we will keep moving states."

"So, I know that we will not be a normal family living in the suburbs."

"No, but we may need to act like it, it can be a great cover while we steal shit."

"You said we." I felt my lip curl up, "I am down for some sneaky shit. I have been itching to get back out there."

"I can't wait to see what you will do."

His lips curled into a smile then crashed onto mine, he laid be back down on the bed keeping his lips on my skin.

"Please, we both need it, we both want it." I said as he kissed my neck.

"If I start to hurt you, let me know. I will stop." 

I nodded my head yes as I pulled on his shirt.

He hovered over me kissing down my neck over my shirt down to the healing skin. He slowly took my shirt off being careful not to hurt me.

"No teasing." I whined.

"As you wish."

His hands traveled down my body finding the sweet spot. As soon as his fingers went under my underwear touching my clit there was a knock on the door.

"Who the fuck is that?" He growled looking at the door.

I looked over at the door as Damien got off of me and walked to the door.

"Shit." He whispered as he rushed over to me. "We need to go."

"What?" I sat up putting my shirt back on.

"We need to get the fuck out of here."

He threw everything in the few bags that we have.

"How?" I looked around the room.

There was a window that went  to the parking lot.

"It is the only way, when you get in the car keep your head down." He said wrapping me in a jacket.

I nodded my head yes as another pounding came from the door.

"We need to go." He put his hand on my back getting me to the window.

I opened the window climbing out, thankfully we are on the first floor so I didn't have too far to go. As soon as my feet hit the ground gunshots filled the air. I looked up reaching for Damien pulling him out of the window.

"They missed, but we need to go." Damien said, pulling me to the car.

When we got to the car Damien pulled out a gun and started to shoot the people shooting us. I got in the car grabbing the gun.

"Get in." I said as I opened the door shooting at the people.

Damien ran to his side of the car as I covered him, once the car started he pulled my jacket forcing me back into the car.

"Get down!" He said as he sped off.

"Who the fuck  are those people?" I asked, trying to find cover.

"Assholes."

"No shit!"

"I will explain later, right now we got to go."

I looked behind us seeing that no one was following us, but he didn't slow down.

Once we were on the road for about 45 minutes he slowed down blending in with the other cars.

"The people that I was after right before I was locked up, that was them. Somehow they found out where I am and they are pissed."

"You killed some of them before you went to jail."

"I set a bomb off in their main base and it killed a shit ton of people. They are still pissed at me for it."

"How did they find us?"

"I have no fucking clue. I used cash, a fake name, a fake story, this is not even my car! Everything I did was a lie."

"Somehow they found us, right now we need to lose them. Where are we going now?"

"Another state." He looked out of the window behind us, no other car was behind us.

"It's going to be okay." I said smiling at him.

"I know, but first we need to get someplace safe, I was going to go to the hospital here and steal more stuff. But I don't know if we can now."

"We can, I will go into a store and steal some small stuff. While you go to the hospital and steal more. We will meet up and get the fuck out of here."

"Are you sure that you are well enough to do this?" He looked at me so sad.

"Yes, I am ready to get back out there. I haven't done a lot of crime, but I know that it is in me. We got this."

He took my hand kissing it.

"I love you so much." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled.