20

Amy's pov

I laid in bed while Damien worked on a plan to get us out of here and into another shitty motel.

"This one will be a little better." He said looking up from his papers.

"What makes you think that?" I tried to sit up but it hurt like a bitch.

"You need more pain meds." He jumped up going to the med bag.

"I am fine, I am used to the pain."

He got the bottle of liquid pain meds and put more in my iv bag.

"This will be enough for a few hours."

"I need to help you." I looked up at him.

"By getting better and relaxing."

"I will, but I need to help with getting us out of here. Someone might have seen you and now they are following you."

"Darling, I am a better thief than that." He laughed as he put the meds back in the bag.

"I know that, but we need to get out of here. We spent a few days here and someone is going to notice."

"I agree, but you are not healthy enough to go into a car."

"I am healthy, I am just not in one piece."

"Well, you need to be." he sat next to me in bed.

"Damien, you know that I can't be 100% to move. We need to go now."

He closed his eyes knowing that he lost this battle.

"We need to go now!" I said taking the blanket off of me.

"Take it easy." He said helping me stand up. "Let me change your wraps before we leave."

I nodded my head yes as I lifted my arms up for him. He lifted up my shirt taking it off of me. He took a deep breath then slowly pulled the old wrappings off of me.

"The yellow color has gone down." He said low.

"I feel like I have only ran over once instead of ten times."

"That is the pain meds working."

"Or I am healing."

He cleaned my skin then put fresh wraps on me.

"I will need to get you more wrapping, we are not going to be able to hide a IV pole and pouch in the car." He said helping me put my shirt back on.

"What car did you get?"

"It will not be our car for long but it will get us out of the area."

I nodded my head yes.

He stood in front of me pulling me in for a long kiss. His lips trailed down my chin to my neck.

"You are such a tease." I said when he pulled away.

"I know." He laughed then kissed the top of my head.

I watched him throw the motel's towels and blankets in the bag.

"We need more bags." I said as he continued to pack stuff from the motel room.

"I know, I will be able to buy us another bag on the road. Right now I can use these towels to wrap you up if we run out of wrapping. I will cut them into strips."

"Where are we heading?"

"Another state, if we state hop it will be harder for them to track down that it is me stealing shit."