12

Amy's pov

Damien still doesn't trust me all the way. I need to find a way to fix that. But I don't know how. I have done more jobs for him and saved his ass a more because of him making a few stupid ass deals.

"What is it going to take?" I slammed his office door open.

"Huh?" He looked up at me confused.

"Don't play dumb." I stormed over to him.

He closed his eyes and said, "Another letter has come to me."

"I DID NOT WRITE THEM!"

"Amy."

"No, fuck this. Damien, I am not going to stay here and be used by you. I am gone."

"Where are you going to go?" He stood up.

"I don't know and to be honest. I don't fucking care."

I walked to our room and took my things, packing them up.

"You really are going to leave?" He followed me, sounding hurt.

"You don't trust me, you don't believe me and I am just done with it."

"The letter said that you would do this." He growled.

"I don't give a fuck what the letter says." I glared at him, "Damien you tell me that you love me, but to love someone, you have to trust. So it looks like you don't trust or love me. I broke your ass out of jail! I turned my back on my family for you." I shook my head as the tears fell. "You can take that fake ass letter and choke on it!" I looked up at him.

His face was a mix of pissed and sadness.

"Don't give me that pity look." I barked at him, "You made me this crazy. First you freed me, then you broke me. Now move! I am gone."

I pushed him out of the way then stormed down the steps.
"Don't do this." He followed me.

"Oh, so now you care?" I turned around to look at him.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a kiss. I wanted to fight back but I didn't. I am a sucker for his love.

"I don't want to lose you." He whispered.

"You need to figure out what the hell you are going to do. I am not staying around to be used like this." I kept my voice strong.

"The letters, they seem like your words and they match your handwriting. They even said that you would do this. Make me feel bad then stab me in the back when I give in."

"They are my family, they know how I react. And this is not to make you feel bad. This is me standing up for myself."

"Let me make it up to you, let's go out."

"Where to?"

"I have a hidden place that we can go to, just the two of us."

I nodded my head.

He took my bag from my hand and put it on the steps and walked me to his car.

"So where is this place?" I asked as he started the car.

"It is hidden in the woods, not too many people can find it. But for what we are going to do, it is perfect." A smile formed on his lips.

"I don't know if I should be scared or turned on."

"It is up to you on that one."

"Who is giving you these letters?"

"Different people. It can't be Holly because she is still tied up." His voice was stern as he gripped the steering wheel.