17

Amy's pov

We didn't talk much, I don't know what to say to him. He hurt me, in more ways than one. I have no clue what I am going to do, Can I forgive him? But at the same time, can I live without him? I let my thoughts take me and I went back to sleep. When I woke up there were more people in my room.

"You need to leave, I know she does not want to see you." Damien growled.

"I have more rights to be here than you do." It is my dad.

"You tried to kill her!"

"You did what?" My mom freaked.

"Mom?" I asked as I slowly woke up.

"Oh honey, are you okay?" I felt her hand on my right leg.

I opened my eyes to see my mom crying.

"I am okay mom, Damien got me out of that hell hole." I gave her a weak smile.

"He is the one who put her there." Dad said.

"Mom, dad is not who you think he is, he is an evil person who held me in that place. I had to knock him out to get his gun so I could try to leave. But his buddies shot me!" I started to cry.

Mom smacked him in the face, "HOW COULD YOU? You told me that you would not put her in any harm, and here you are giving her to them!"

"Wait, you know about dad's work?" I looked at her shocked.

"Yes, I have known for a while. And he made a promise that he would leave you out of it."

"He has trained me to be just like him."

"I hope that you are not as evil." She snapped at him.

"He tricked Damien, him and aunt Holly. They made him think that I was turning on him and Dad was trying to get me to kill him. There was no way that I could do it so they tricked him. He took me to a hidden area and hurt me. But once I was alone they sent Matthew to kidnap me."

"What is wrong with you?" Mom smacked dad again. "You are so lucky that Matthew didn't kill her!"

"He tried." I said low earnings grow from Damien.

"Damien killed Holly." My dad said.

"What are we in 1st grade?" Mom asked as she  rolled her eyes. "This is not a battle of who said what, you are both grown ass adults and you will need to act like it."

"Can you please not have this fight here." I said closing my eyes.

"I am sorry honey." Mom said as she pushed my dad out of the room.

"What about him?" Dad whined.

"I am staying here unless Amy wants me to leave, I need to make sure that none of your friends come back for her." 

"He can stay, we need to talk." I said opening my eyes.

Mom pushed dad out of the room then closed the door.

"I know, you hate me, I am the worst person in the world, and like you said you never want to see me again." He said sitting down in the chair to my left.

"I do hate you but you did come back for me once you saw that I was telling the truth the whole time."

He closed his eyes, "I lied about some of that, Holly was playing me hard. She was in control for a lot of it and I fell into her plan. I am so stupid. I should have opened my eyes, I should have seen that she is just as evil as your dad. That they still wanted me to die for my family's actions. But I was so blind that I let you get hurt. As soon as I know you are safe I will leave you alone."