Ch. 32 - Gift

Savannah POV

We just finished up everything we needed for my gift and I was feeling exhausted. I don't know why, but I feel like I sleep more since I've been here and even more now that I'm hurt.

"Aunt Hopey? I go back to mommies now?" I asked quietly.

Hope looked down at me and ran her fingers through my hair, "Of course we can baby. Is everything alright? I thought we were spending the whole day together?" Hope asked almost sad while trying to make me feel better. But I was tired and my head hurt a lot.

"I sorry Aunt Hopey. My head hurt an I tired. Wan' mommies." I whined slightly before slumping against her.

"It's okay sweetie. Let me text Alex and see where they are and we'll take you to them," Aunt Dani said quickly.

I saw Aunt Dani glare at Hope but I just shrugged it off as I curled myself into Hope's lap. She held me close as she rubbed circles on my back.

I felt like Dani might be glaring at Hope because Hope wanted to be with me, so I try to backpedal. "I can 'tay wit you if you wan' Hopey. I no wan' you upset."

I felt her kiss the top of my head, "No no sweetie. I was upset that we weren't going to finish our day together, but I know you're tired and don't feel good. We can finish the rest of our day together at a later time." Hopey told me and I just nodded.

I had drifted to sleep in Hope's lap when I felt someone move me. I opened my eyes to see momma lifting me up. I said my goodbyes and 'I love yous' to Hope and Dani as momma carried me out of the room.

"Momma, why no chair?" I asked groggily and tucked my head under her chin as she carried me bridal style up to our room.

"It's just easier this way baby. Dani and Hope said you weren't feeling too good?" Momma asked and I nodded slightly. Too much head movement makes my head hurt worse.

"My head hurt." I complained to her and she nodded before walking us into her room. I saw mommy sitting on the bed with a book and one of her nightgowns ready.

She smiled when she saw me, "Hi baby girl. I heard you don't feel good?"

I kind of frowned, "Head hurt mommy." Momma passed me over to mommy who kissed the top of my head.

"Well, momma is going to grab you some juice while I get you ready for bed okay sweetie?" I just nodded my head.

Mommy started stripping me from my clothes before getting me redressed. She put on a fresh, new pull-up before sliding her nightgown over my head. She then pulled me up so I was lying in the middle of the bed before she laid back down herself.

"You cuddlin wit me mommy?" I asked hopeful.

She nodded and smiled, "If that's okay with you pumpkin?"

I giggled a little at the name, "T'ank you."

I started to close my eyes some, but mommy prevented that. "Not yet sweetie, momma needs to give you some headache medicine." I just laid my head back down on her chest.

I groaned at her, "I tired mommy." 

Mommy chuckled a little, "I know. I'm so mean, but momma will be back soon."

Not soon enough, momma was walking through the bedroom door with a juicebox in her hand. "Here you go baby, put these in your mouth and then drink this juice to swallow the pills." I nodded and did as I was told but didn't like it.

"Maybe I should steal some liquid motrin from Addie next time," momma said with a giggle.

I rolled off of mommy's chest before making her scoot closer to me. She seemed a little confused, but did it anyways. I then rolled back onto the front of mommy's body and she held me close as I laid my head down on her chest.

Momma then got into bed with us and wrapped her arm around the both of us to hold us closer. "The reason your head hurt so much today is because of the concussion babes." Momma spoke up.

"Your head will hurt with a concussion, but that pain intensifies when you don't rest your brain. It's momma and I's fault for not making you rest, but from here on out we'll do better." Mommy said in a sad tone like Hopey did earlier.

"Mommy no be sad. Not you fault." She smiled a little and kissed my temple as she rubbed my back. Finally I got to fall asleep with my mommies holding me close.

Danielle POV

Alex just came to get Savannah. Hope looked so upset about Savannah leaving her. "Hopey don't do that." I scolded her.

She raised an eyebrow, "Don't do what?" She asked sharply.

"Don't pout because Savannah wanted Alex and Addie. Those are her mommies and she wanted their comfort because she was tired and didn't feel good."

"I would have taken a nap with her if she asked me. It wouldn't be the first time I had." Hope tried to argue.

"Hopey, listen to yourself. She's not taking a nap. She already had dinner before they all walked up to their room earlier. It's bedtime and she wanted bedtime to be with her mommies." I tried reasoning with her.

Hope was still pouting slightly but not as badly. I got up to straddle her lap. "Now we didn't have dinner, so I vote we go to the kitchen to get some food. Our make out sesh earlier made me hungry." I told her trying to be flirty.

She just grinned at me, "Oh did it?" She kissed me unexpectedly and I quickly reciprocated. We broke the kiss and I got out of her lap, not without a smack on my behind causing me to gasp and glare at her. She was lucky she was cute.

We both finally stood up and walked hand and hand to go get the dinner we missed earlier.