Ch. 12 - Parents

Savannah POV

I woke up to a door closing and see Danielle and Harry walk in and sit down on my bed. I gave them both a confused look since the queens had both been in here already. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask looking mainly at Danielle. Harry has been eyeing me weirdly ever since we first met and after the incident with Jefferson it makes me uncomfortable.

"Well sweetie, Alex and Addie are both busy with work stuff today and they said you weren't feeling little either. They asked if we would hang out with you today since you still aren't sure about being left alone after what happened. Are you okay with hanging out with us today?" Danielle asked.

I nodded my head, "That's fine. Where is everyone else though?"

Harry spoke up next causing me to have to look at him. "Well the grandparents are around here somewhere and Axel and Lily took their kiddos into town today." I nodded my head before just rubbing the ear on the stuffed elephant Alex and Addie had gotten me.

"What do you want to do today Savannah?" Danielle asked me curiously.

"Um, can we have ice cream? Peyton was talking about it the other day and I've never tried it. She makes it sound super yummy." I ask a little unsure of myself and their possible reactions. To say I was relieved when they both smiled is an understatement.

"Of course we can. I think we have some in the freezer actually. Why don't you get dressed and Dani and I will wait outside." Harry responded.

They both left my room and I started to get ready. I didn't dress fancy because I wasn't leaving the castle and we were just going down to the kitchen. I exited my room to see both Danielle and Harry waiting outside my room like they said they would be.

We started walking down to the kitchen and I reached up to grab Danielle's hand. She smiled down at me and kept a tight grip on it. I wasn't feeling little at all, but holding someone's hand while walking around somewhere like the castle made me feel secure. I looked over to Harry and saw he was smiling. It wasn't an uncomfortable smile or a creepy smile, but more a comforting smile. I decided to take the chance and reached up to hold his hand, which he willingly accepted.

We made our way into the kitchen when Harry asked if he could lift me onto the stool and I nodded even though it made my anxiety skyrocket. But all he did was lift me up under my armpits and placed me onto the stool. No inappropriate touching and no uncomfort.

Danielle got the bowls out while Harry grabbed the ice cream and the scoop before he started scooping ice cream into the bowls. Harry set a bowl in front of me while Danielle handed me a spoon. I scooped a tiny bit out onto my spoon and had my first taste.

My eyes widened at what I had just tasted. I started to scoop more into my mouth before Danielle had me slow down, mentioning something about a brain freeze. I blushed bright red, "Sorry. This is just the sweetest and coldest thing I have ever tasted. It's amazing!"

Danielle smiled, "I'm glad you like it sweetie." I smiled back at her before looking over to Harry who just had a weird look on his face. Danielle noticed me looking back at him and she snapped him out of whatever was on his mind.

"So... We don't know much about you, are you willing to share anything?" Danielle asked curiously as she popped a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

I finished the ice cream left in my mouth before talking. "There's honestly not much to know about me. I'm 19 years old, I think my mother died when I was born and then my dad disappeared when I was 5. I was on my own for 14 years before I met Alex and Addie."

"How did you not end up in the system though?" Harry asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I shrugged, "We have a lot of woods surrounding the kingdom. My parents apparently lived off the grid, so when he disappeared no one really knew I was a thing. I had gotten caught a couple times when I was younger and put into the orphanage. I just kept escaping so they decided not to waste their time."

"Do know anything about your parents?" Danielle asked, a hint of sadness bled through her tone.

I looked to my almost empty ice cream bowl before looking back to her. "Not much. I mean I know their names and apparently my mom was a redhead too. Dad used to always say I got my spitfire attitude and red hair from her."

Danielle nodded and rubbed my back slowly, "You know... Red hair is not actually very common in our kingdom. There's only a couple of families that have the red hair gene. The rest of us either have blonde hair like Alex and I or brown hair like Axel, Lily, and Addie."

I raised my eyebrows in shock, "I never knew that. I guess I could understand that. I had never seen anyone with fiery red hair like mine or Harry's. The closest I ever saw were strawberry blondes." I said while finishing off the last of my ice cream.

Harry cleared his throat, "I don't mean to be pushy at all, but you said you knew the names of your parents?" I nodded my head a little confused on where he was going with this.

"Uh yeah, I think my mom's name was Helena. Dad had only ever mentioned her name a handful of times. Dad's name was -" I was cut off by Harry.

"Mathias Morton." Harry said coldly.

I nodded my head and looked over to Danielle confused before focusing back onto Harry. "Yeah, that's his name. How did you know that?"

"That's why you remind me of her so much. Your hair, your voice, your personality, even the name for godsakes. Everything is almost reminiscent of her and she didn't even raise you." Harry said but not really directed to anyone. Almost as if he were talking to himself.

"Danielle... What's he talking about?" I ask her nervously. She pats my arm in an attempt to calm me down.

"Harry what are you on about?" Danielle asked her husband while still trying to comfort me.

"When were you born Savannah?" Harry asked in a demanding tone causing me to flinch. He noticed his mistake and softened his face.

"Uh November 17, 2034. Why?" I gave him my answer so now I wanted his.

Harry looked over to Danielle, "We lost contact with my sister a few days before Savannah was born."

Danielle nodded grimly, "I remember. What does that have to do with any of this?"

Harry sighed, "Helena was killed around that same time and she was pregnant. We always assumed that he had killed the baby too. That's why we couldn't find the baby and when he went on the run it was five years before we caught him. He didn't have a child with him. Do you see where I'm going with this?"

Danielle looked over to me with a shocked expression and I began panicking. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" I plead with both of them.

Danielle nodded but Harry was the one to speak up. "We won't be sure until we run a DNA test, but everything is lining up. Savannah, I think your mother, Helena is my deceased sister who we lost 19 years ago. That's why I knew of Mathias. He was married to my sister and then later charged with murdering her."

With tears streaming down my face, I asked something I never thought I would, "My dad murdered my mom?"