Ch 1 The seperation

Start from the beginning

I didn't say when my eyes drift to the swinging rhythm of the plane and into a deep slumber.

Before I fall into my dream state the sun rays hit my eyes and I woke up. I saw the sun rays peek through the window. I pulled up the shutter and saw the sun shining with the beautiful view of the Eiffel tower. It looked so beautiful.

"Wake up Nina, we are arriving!" I said excitedly.

She woke up half asleep. "We reached?"

I looked out the windows excited till the plane touched the ground, Nina on the other hand started munching on Pringles.

The plane landed and we got up from our seats taking our carry-ons in our hands.

As I got down from the flight I noticed another flight landed after us. It caught my attention as it was black.

"Look, Nina! That jet is so beautiful

"Look, Nina! That jet is so beautiful."

"Yeah, probably some rich ass dude is riddling that. Paris is filled with Richie riches. It's a private jet. Looks like it."

I gave it a quick glacé and made my way towards the luggage collector.

We took our luggage and made it towards the exit gate, but we were stopped at the exit.

"What's the problem?" I asked Nina

"Excusez-moi Madame. cette porte est fermée en raison de l'arrivée d'un invité VIP. vous devez faire un détour et sortir par la porte ouest."

I didn't understand french. I took Spanish in my high school. Now that I think I should have taken French too.

"We have gone round west gate. This gate is reserved for some VIP" Nina spoke.

"Oh."

We were in the middle of a conversation when the paparazzi came over with huge cameras and mics.

Too much crowd.

"It's better we get going." I poked Nina.

She nodded and we went to the back gate. It was a long route for us but we adjusted. I glanced back to the gate when I could only figure out the silhouette of a tall man with hazel blonde hair walk out of the doors before the paparazzi took over him.

"Hurry up!... Vi, this bag is heavy to carry." Nina complained.

"Yeah." I turned around and left.

I got into the cab and went to Nina,s studio house.

It was beautiful and spacious.

She went in and there was already someone waiting for her. A tall brunette curly hair guy hugged her.

They shared kisses and talked in french while I stood there all shy and awkward.

Nina noticed and introduced me. "Luke meet my best friend Violetta Clove."

"Pleasure to have finally met you, Violetta," Luke said in his french accent.

"Likewise," I said in my American accent.

"I am glad you will be here to accompany Nina and attend the wedding."

I smiled. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Okay now get settled! We will be heading out to eat Luke's restaurant."

Nina guided me to my room and I unpacked my bag. I turned on my phone.

Immediately it rang.

"Hello, Henry."

"You okay? Why didn't you call me after you landed?."

"Woah! Hold on hun, I am okay. I forgot to turn on my phone after I land. You're overreacting."

"I am overreacting?! You're in a foreign country I am worried for your safety. You so irresponsible sometimes!"

I grew more agitated, I was already jet leg and this shouting was not helping me. He has to stop babying me.

"Henry I am an adult I can handle myself."

"Yeah, your act is not at all adult-like."

I had enough...," I gotta go ttyl."

He was still speaking but I ended the call and threw the phone in bed. I sat in the bed and ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

Will we be able to get back on better terms? Like we used to?