"But you did, Rico. You guys can leave. I'm about to read him a book anyways," I wave them off going back in the room.

He was shifted to a room from the ICU a while ago. He's looks way better. His bruises have faded. His skin is very slowly going back to it's original color but he's still healing. His bullet wound is still very sensitive.

I sit there next to him on the small sofa seat that Lorenzo arranged for me and read the Great Gatsby to Christian. His favorite classic novel.

I finish the two chapters and set aside the novel.

My mind wanders off to the incident that happened a week ago. He had a seizure and things took a turn for the worst. It had scared us all so much. Karla was visiting as well.

Lorenzo somehow convinced her to rest because her health weakened. Lorenzo has made it his own mission to nurse him back to health.

Another good news I got was that Ricci and his son were killed during the blasts and as per the rules, the Vasquez's got a hold of all his properties, all his business and shares making them the biggest mafia in Italy.

Many hours passed by without any movement or sign of change from Christian.

Rico could've been right.

4 weeks later

"I was thinking of cutting my hair short. God knows what kind of tantrum you'd throw if you found out about it," I giggle as I file Christian's over grown hair. "But I do have an appointment today and I am going to do something new with my hair. Hopefully you like it."

"You know how boring it gets withouts you around? Rico is a total ass, as usual. Amara is... pregnant. Very hormonal and Karla? She's planning our wedding."

"I wish you were with us. She asks for my opinion but I know nothing," I chuckle.

The laughs suddenly turn into cried when I know he's not going to wake up anytime soon.

I peck his forehead and his lips until the feel of his lips on mine is embedded in my brain.

I get into be next to him with my hand intertwined with his and close to my eyes to get a much needed sleep.

1 month later

Three months. It's been three months since he's been in a coma and I can't help but let go of all the hope I had. The doctors are saying it can take years until he wakes up. Nothing is known for sure.

My uncle has been blasting my phone non stop. They've not seen me since the last five months. I've started working in this hospital with cancer patients. It has taken my mind off of things.

Lorenzo has his house under renovation but he bought a really huge mansion for us to live in. Lorenzo didn't say it but he bought it for Christian and I so we don't have to go back to that place ever again.

And I've done it. I chopped off my hair till my shoulders and got some golden highlights. When I went to the hair appointment I couldn't do it. But this time I knew I wanted a change so I did it.

And I absolutely love it. It's exactly what I needed.

Amara is also five months along. They were suppose to get married when they announced so they would've been a married couple before the baby arrived but Francis couldn't do it without his best man.

Everyday reminds us how Christian is absent from our lives. But I know he is going to wake up. And when he does everything will be alright.

I'm hopeful but some days I'm not.