BONUS CHAPTER #2

"Look up at the stars. They are like pieces of art. Floating above the ground."

— Shawn Mendes

...

...

Victoria

"It's a girl!" 

The second the words escape Francis's mouth, we all breathe a sigh of relief before feeling the rush of happiness. Amara and Francis finally have their little baby girl in their arms. 

I pull Christian in a tight hug, "You're an uncle. Congratulations."

"Don't forget that you are her Aunt Vicky," he teases me. 

 "I already feel bad for the poor girl, though," I chuckle. "Francis, Rico, you and Lorenzo are never going to let the poor girl live. You guys are the definition of overprotective."

"No, we are not!" He pouts. 

"So you just punched that man back on our honeymoon just for fun, right?" I make a face at him. 

"He was looking at your ass," He literally stomps his foot.

"Okay," I laugh. "Whatever floats your boat," I mumble at the end.

He clearly hears it, but I'm saved by Karla, who is crying happy tears. We all congratulate each other. I hug Francis tight and tell him how happy I am for him and that he'll make an awesome father that will always protect his little girl from every harm, after seeing the fear in his eyes, I knew he needed the reassurance.

"So when are both of you making of those?" Rico asks as he walks up next to me. 

We are currently waiting outside Amara's room, letting Lorenzo and Karla, who I now refer to as mom and dad. They have been with me every step of the way, and I couldn't be more grateful for them. 

"Not anytime soon, buddy," I chuckle humorlessly. "We're both too fucked up in the head to add a baby in the picture." 

"She's right, you know," Christian starts. "The amounts of time we both wake up in the middle of the night screaming is enough for to not think about a baby now."

"Still getting nightmares?" Rico asks.

"Almost every night," I whisper. "Sometimes we both have them at the same time. It's a... mess."

"Have you thought about therapy?"  Rico asks.

"Yes but we can't discuss with a therapist how we have killed people or how I got kidnapped and drugged or how Christian was shot," I explain him. "Karla and Lorenzo are also here for us now. The void I had in me is slowly filling up and I'm trying to help Christian as much as I can."