FORTY-NINE

"It's always been you."

- Shawn Mendes

...

...

IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE, GUYS!

Enjoy!!
...

I WAKE UP FEELING cold. I reach to my left for Christian but he's not there. I jump up in a sitting position. I take my phone from the nightstand to see it's three in the morning.

The bathroom light is off.

"Christian...?" I stand up from the and walk to the balcony. He could be there.

And I'm right. He is there, standing with a cancer stick in his hand.

"Christian?"

He doesn't move. Did he not hear me?

"Christian," I try again but instead he takes a long drag of the cigarette he's holding.

I step into the chilly wind and amble towards him. Where is his head at?

I put my hand on his shoulder and he jumps up making me step back, "Fuck!"

He turns to look at me, "Victoria? What are you doing?"

"I called your name but you didn't listen," I tell him a small voice. "I was cold and I woke up," I tell him eyeing his cigarette.

He turns back around and leans on the railing, taking another drag. "I'm just thinking. Go back to sleep," he dismisses me.

"Christian? What's wrong?" He's never like this. "And why are you smoking?"

He sighs and turns to me giving me a glare, "Can't I do something for once without asking for your permission?"

I flinch back, "You never need my permission to do anything, Christian. What's wrong with you?"

"Just go inside and sleep, Victoria," he orders harshly.

"What the hell is going on?" I reach forward to his hand.

"Go inside," he yells, slapping my hand away.

"Please, don't yell at me, Christian..." I step back from him.